Energy Stocks: Rowan, BP rise, but energy stocks weak

Jul 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MarketWatch

Shares of Rowan Cos. and BP PLC rose on Wednesday, while energy stocks moved flat-to-lower in the face of conflicting signals in the sector.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jul 21, 2011
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Jul 21, 2011
EXCERPT
Among stocks on the move, BP PLC /quotes/zigman/247026/quotes/n ls/bp BP +0.55% rose 1.8%. Citing a source familiar with litigation surrounding the Deepwater Horizon blowout and leak of the Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico last year, the Associated Press reported that a liability settlement between BP and Anadarko Petroleum is not imminent, despite speculation of a deal.
Anadarko owned a 25% stake in the well. A BP spokesman told the AP that the company has always expected its partners to contribute.

MY TAKE
By Dwight Baker
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com

For a long 91 days after I presented to BP and all others involved in the BP Macondo well the way to plug the well, using my TAME NATURE PLAN none of the group acted on doing a thing about it. So in my way of looking at it they are all guilty for not taking the bull by the horns and being pro-active.

Then after that 91 days BP finally used a very similar plan that was successful, as I had said would be.

So what then could be the real reasons for BP to put our Gulf of Mexico in harms way in all ways?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug 5 swedenforever 15
BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1
Washington Township Getty Closing This Month (Feb '13) Feb '13 James 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••