Trial Begins for Ex-Chicago Police Lt. Accused of Torturing More than 100 African American Men

May 24, 2010 Full story: www.democracynow.org 17

A former police commander accused of overseeing the torture of more than 100 African American men goes on trial today in Chicago. Former Lieutenant Jon Burge is accused of lying when he denied in a civil lawsuit that he and other detectives had tortured anyone. He faces a maximum of forty-five years in prison if convicted of all charges. The accusations of torture date back forty years, but Burge has avoided prosecution until now. For nearly two decades, beginning in 1971, Burge was at the epicenter of what has been described as the systematic torture of dozens of black men to coerce confessions. In total, more than 100 people in Chicago say they were subjected to abuse, including having guns forced into their mouths, suffocation with bags placed over their heads, and electric shocks inflicted to their genitals.

Full Story

“Reality is settling in...”

Since: Nov 08

Stop sweating the small stuff.

#1 May 24, 2010
Later for a trial. This character needs to have the same harsh treatment done to him. Case closed.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#3 May 24, 2010
What the hell? There's probably more men like him out there.
Tim John

Spokane, WA

#4 May 24, 2010
More evidence that this country needs police reform even more so than we needed health care reform...the old bigoted system of monsters must be addressed squarely...There are so many criminal police officers in this country...
ChicagoPD

Brampton, Canada

#9 May 25, 2010
Jon Burge was simply teaching those lawless, mindless animals that being a thug has consequences -- something their worthless parents never did. Jon Burge is a hero.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 May 25, 2010
heh heh ... it's funny when blacks are tortured.
Smartman

London, UK

#12 May 25, 2010
See it shows you that evil is every where and corruption.
ChicagoPD

Brampton, Canada

#13 May 25, 2010
If there were more cops like Jon Burge society would be much safer.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Fennario

#15 May 26, 2010
ChicagoPD wrote:
Jon Burge was simply teaching those lawless, mindless animals that being a thug has consequences .
And now he can learn that lesson himself.

I sure hope he ends up in one of his own prisons.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Fennario

#16 May 26, 2010
ChicagoPD wrote:
If there were more cops like Jon Burge society would be much safer.
It will be when he becomes somebody's bunk bitch in slam. I'll bet they wire up his nuts, shove them up his colon, and apply the juice turned up to eleven. Smokin'!!
ChicagoPD

Brampton, Canada

#18 May 26, 2010
You seem to have more than enough information... Your brain still hurting from Jon Burge's special treatment? Next time don't rob old ladies, you worthless hood.
lol

Brampton, Canada

#19 May 31, 2010
Too bad blacks care more about their thugs than the black victims of rampant thug violence in the black community. But I guess it makes sense, given their "blame whitey" mentality.

How many blacks will stop to question why a white police officer, rather than these worthless criminal ghetto trash thugs' parents, had to teach them right from wrong?
Tim John

Cedar Hill, TX

#20 May 31, 2010
Sounds like the innocent White cop was set up by the failed black cops.
dvd

Monterey, CA

#22 May 31, 2010
Why are blacks dumb?

Anyone know?
frace

United States

#23 May 31, 2010
Cause they are retaarded??
dvd wrote:
Why are blacks dumb?
Anyone know?

“Change has come to America”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#24 May 31, 2010
I hope he ends up in a cell with one of the men he tortured. It would be poetic justice.
gerry

Lancaster, NY

#25 Jun 1, 2010
anna and I don't particularly care for Chicago
lol

Brampton, Canada

#28 Jun 1, 2010
I hope he goes free and serves as an inspiration to more police who are fed up with politically correct society tying their hands in the face of mindless nubian jungle violence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill Sep 11 Tuco Blondie 4
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE