BP: Effort to plug Gulf oil spill goi...

BP: Effort to plug Gulf oil spill going as planned

There are 98 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 26, 2010, titled BP: Effort to plug Gulf oil spill going as planned. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

BP started pumping heavy mud into the leaking Gulf of Mexico well Wednesday and said everything was going as planned in the company's boldest attempt yet to plug the gusher that has spewed millions of gallons of oil over the last five weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
GreatDay

Faison, NC

#84 Jun 10, 2010
obummer & his liberal thugs hate capitalism, they hate oil, they hate the automobile, they hate freedom...why wouldn't the idiot prez let this thing continue to leak? It is good for his agenda!If we had a real president...they would have imploded this oil well with explosives 49 days ago!
Concerned US Citizens

Denver, CO

#85 Jun 10, 2010
RED ALERT!!

MSM reports "DOOMSDAY scenario" about new Oil Spill developments...

Ocean floor ruptures! This is huge. I am sure that this has ALREADY happened, thus the reports I upoaded on June 8th!!

EVERYONE needs to listen to those reports of what is actually happening down there and the planned evacuations that the government is NOT unveiling yet. Media black out evidence
DHS and military preparing to engage the AMERICAN PEOPLE - relocation because of GULF SPILL??!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinker

Worcester, MA

#86 Jun 11, 2010
Please listen to this radio show for your health part 2 at least or listen to them all, each has some info in it. http://www.archive.org/details/6-10-2010Linds...

So they already planning on making the USA pay for this? They better not cap anything yet, listen to the radio show and see why. Hope they do shut it down fast.
Concerned US Citizens

Denver, CO

#88 Jun 11, 2010
Military Op & Media Blackout in Grand Isle, LA

Friday, June 11, 2010
From an email:

This comes from what a documentary filmmaker, James Fox, is observing from his current location in Grand Isle, LA. The link to an audio interview with him is below.

June 8, 2010

Lock-down on the Gulf

From a source:

“IMPORTANT!!!!!!!Hello i just got this mp3 interview with James Fox (i kinow what i saw en into the blue), done by the veritasshow today (this was the text that was posted with it by Mel Fabregas..)”— a source.

["A few minutes ago, I conducted a short interview with documentary filmmaker, James Fox. He is presently in Grand Isle, Louisiana. The closest location to the Gulf oil spill. Before I spoke to James I received a few unsubstantiated reports that I put on the side.

What I'm about to share with you is extremely important. There is an absolute MEDIA BLACKOUT in the area. People are being arrested everywhere. Hotels in a 70-mile radius are completely sold out, yet, you don't see any vans or reporters filming. It's as if the entire area was under siege.

James Fox has witnessed this and he basically just arrived. He says he saw multiple Chevron helicopters flying. He has not seen any military activity. It's as if the oil companies had taken over. James expected to rent a plane to fly over it and that is not possible. The area above the oil spill is now a NO-FLY-ZONE. He will be there for two weeks.

I am issuing this bulleting because James Fox's name needs to be out in the public, as there is a possibility that he will be arrested. I have plans to talk to the Grand Isle's Police Department to get further clarification regarding these arrests, since James people don't even know who is conducting these arrests. James had the opportunity to talk to the son of one of the cleanup workers (former fisherman) and he told him no one is talking. He did say that no one is being told the extent of this disaster. It is much bigger than what is being reported.

The government is NOT IN CONTROL. The ones exercising all influence are the oil companies. Where is our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT? I will be posting my interview with James at the forum shortly. When I called him I wanted to remain optimistic and felt people were exaggerating or simply fear mongering. After my conversation with James I can categorically say that my level of concern has risen to unprecedented levels and now I'm putting more credence to the reports I'm receiving.]— Mel Fabregas reporting

The Rest…HERE

http://revolutionradio.org/...
Adam12Dragnet

Carnegie, PA

#89 Jun 13, 2010
They need to cap it with a giant enormous great big!!!!
wide
heavier
thick
non moveable cap

= covered by this [^]
not this =/\|
agreee

Pine Island, NY

#90 Jun 13, 2010
Yes!
oily

Dallas, TX

#91 Jun 13, 2010
have you folks on this site ever thought that if that oil well was sealed of and the pipe in the ground had a fewnesses in it at the couplings what would happen?? or that BP knows that they have a damaged pipe in that well?? If capped the pressure could blow that pipe out of the ground or the oil could come out of the pie at it weak points and cause an even worse probled. If that happens there will be an even worse oil leak.
alan

Maringouin, LA

#93 Jun 15, 2010
for texas star:::what an un informed ass you are.louisiana gov.blanco turned down bushs help at first on katrina.the gov.calls out national guard and not the pres.she couldnt make a decesion until it was too late for new orleans.then she requested help!you are a racist and dont have a clue of your own.you need to quit giving olberman blow jobs and watch more fox.
Isittrue

Worcester, MA

#94 Jun 16, 2010

New World Order Security Plan talked in the above video, it is real.

You can view it online at the www.whitehouse.gov site under Homeland Security
Adam12Dragnet

Carnegie, PA

#95 Jun 17, 2010
Put something heavy over it
oily

Mabank, TX

#96 Jun 17, 2010
A good plummer could fix it. Call one. That is unless BP knows that it has damage below the bottom ground surface and completely cutting the flow off would cause a bigger leak and release more oil into the GULF.
oily

Mabank, TX

#97 Jun 17, 2010
Representative Barton of Texas fame calls that 20 billion dollars from BP for the Gulf damage to pay the injured parties a slush fund and does not like it or the way OBAMA got the money for the people of the GULF. Another REPUBLICAN DISLIKING OBAMA. Guess he never thought about the people needing that money who lost their livelyhood from that leaky oil well.
oily

Mabank, TX

#98 Jun 17, 2010
how long is it going? It is already large enough, covering i/3 of the gulf
Doris Tsai

Taiwan

#99 Jun 17, 2010
send lol
Concerned US Citizens wrote:
Military Op & Media Blackout in Grand Isle, LA
Friday, June 11, 2010
From an email:
This comes from what a documentary filmmaker, James Fox, is observing from his current location in Grand Isle, LA. The link to an audio interview with him is below.
June 8, 2010
Lock-down on the Gulf
From a source:
“IMPORTANT!!!!!!!Hello i just got this mp3 interview with James Fox (i kinow what i saw en into the blue), done by the veritasshow today (this was the text that was posted with it by Mel Fabregas..)”— a source.
["A few minutes ago, I conducted a short interview with documentary filmmaker, James Fox. He is presently in Grand Isle, Louisiana. The closest location to the Gulf oil spill. Before I spoke to James I received a few unsubstantiated reports that I put on the side.
What I'm about to share with you is extremely important. There is an absolute MEDIA BLACKOUT in the area. People are being arrested everywhere. Hotels in a 70-mile radius are completely sold out, yet, you don't see any vans or reporters filming. It's as if the entire area was under siege.
James Fox has witnessed this and he basically just arrived. He says he saw multiple Chevron helicopters flying. He has not seen any military activity. It's as if the oil companies had taken over. James expected to rent a plane to fly over it and that is not possible. The area above the oil spill is now a NO-FLY-ZONE. He will be there for two weeks.
I am issuing this bulleting because James Fox's name needs to be out in the public, as there is a possibility that he will be arrested. I have plans to talk to the Grand Isle's Police Department to get further clarification regarding these arrests, since James people don't even know who is conducting these arrests. James had the opportunity to talk to the son of one of the cleanup workers (former fisherman) and he told him no one is talking. He did say that no one is being told the extent of this disaster. It is much bigger than what is being reported.
The government is NOT IN CONTROL. The ones exercising all influence are the oil companies. Where is our FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHT? I will be posting my interview with James at the forum shortly. When I called him I wanted to remain optimistic and felt people were exaggerating or simply fear mongering. After my conversation with James I can categorically say that my level of concern has risen to unprecedented levels and now I'm putting more credence to the reports I'm receiving.]— Mel Fabregas reporting
The Rest…HERE
http://revolutionradio.org/...
Doris Tsai

Taiwan

#100 Jun 17, 2010
history her moment movic
GreatDay wrote:
obummer & his liberal thugs hate capitalism, they hate oil, they hate the automobile, they hate freedom...why wouldn't the idiot prez let this thing continue to leak? It is good for his agenda!If we had a real president...they would have imploded this oil well with explosives 49 days ago!
yes coal nobama

New Hope, VA

#101 Jun 18, 2010
I bet if we locked up all BP execs. untill the leak is sealed we would see faster results.
Dances with Wolves

Abingdon, MD

#102 Jun 18, 2010
yes coal nobama wrote:
I bet if we locked up all BP execs. untill the leak is sealed we would see faster results.
Oh please no! Not yet! And leave it to our Government to handle it? There is plenty of time to address criminal liability, but for now the focus should be on fixing the leak and cleaning up the mess, and since BP created the problem, they should not be relieved of fixing it.
the troll

Minneapolis, MN

#103 Jun 18, 2010
Dances with Wolves wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please no! Not yet! And leave it to our Government to handle it? There is plenty of time to address criminal liability, but for now the focus should be on fixing the leak and cleaning up the mess, and since BP created the problem, they should not be relieved of fixing it.
I can't imagine the execs doing much of anything except stonewalling the media and the US govt. And getting head from Michelle Barfly Bachmann and the Texas Politicians. Maybe their engineers could do something. Of course squeaky Palin has the answers in the palm of her hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill (Sep '14) Sep '14 Tuco Blondie 4
News Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
News BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
News Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
News Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
News Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
News DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1
More from around the web