Tsongas held stocks in companies she uses to attack Golnik

Full story: Lowell Sun

U.S. Rep. Niki Tsongas has consistently attacked Republican opponent Jon Golnik for his time working for American International Group, charging that he is a "creature of Wall Street" who is against cracking down on financial firms.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 23, 2010
 
Interested Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
There's your problem. You get your political viewpoint from entertainers. I just looked up her biography. She went to the Univ of North Texas and majored in jazz piano. I wonder how many poli sci or econ or government classes she took. About the same number that the Dixie Chicks took. Laura Ingraham had it right in her book title--Shut up and sing". These leftists entertainers would lead us down the road to destruction if anyone sensible listened to them.
Nora Jones is a fine singer, don't care where she went to school.
Laura Ingram is a Fox puppet. She will do as she's told or leave.
I bet you look upon Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin as your heroes.
If Jones took poli sci or econ or government classes she might just be part of the political status quo. At least she is good at what she does.
Interested Observer

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 23, 2010
 
Ignorant Bunch wrote:
Republicans deregulated Wall Street, subprime mortgages and derivatives- drove us into the Great Republican Recession in January 2007- no mention here.
Before you throw bs around you need to review the 60 Minutes episode below. Then study the CRA and the repeal of Glass-Steagall and then look at Barney Frank's and Chris Dodd's role in the economic mess we have had. It's a bipartisan mess to be sure. But in his debate the other day Barney when asked about his support for Fannie and Freddie admitted that he was wrong(came to see the situation too late were his words). So if he was wrong, what he really said, was that the Republicans were right and we should vote for them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
chunk of change Niki

East Hampton, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 23, 2010
 
Fifteen thousand dollars into that ripoff AIG. Tsongas is in bed with Teresa's catsup Man.
Interested Observer

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 23, 2010
 
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Nora Jones is a fine singer, don't care where she went to school.
Laura Ingram is a Fox puppet. She will do as she's told or leave.
I bet you look upon Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin as your heroes.
If Jones took poli sci or econ or government classes she might just be part of the political status quo. At least she is good at what she does.
No argument there but why would you post her political views? That's your silliness. That's why I was making fun of you.

And yes, I think Malkin and Coulter have a viewpoint to be considered. Ann is very entertaining making fun of you libs and Michelle talks about some important issues. No one has all the answers but some one has to fight back against the liberal attempts at total control.
Iron Mike

Boxborough, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 23, 2010
 
It's not just the stock market and big business which causes Niki to be two-faced. She always tells us about her daddy in the Air Force, and about her struggles to find light-weight body. And of course she ~ LOVES ~ veterans.

But since the late 60's she has been anti-war and anti-military. It would be hard to find a less worthy person to sit on the House Armed Services Committee. The fact that she does tells you how little Pelosi values our military too. Except Pelosi wanted a bigger jet to ride back to
Frisco in. The two of them went purse shopping in duty-free Dubai and called it Congressional fact-finding. Sweet deal!

I hope Obama names her ambassador to Greece – so she can see what runaway socialism does to a country. &#915;&#949;&#953; &#940; &#963;&#945;&#962; Niki!
Roger Anderson

Essex, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 23, 2010
 
chunk of change Niki wrote:
Fifteen thousand dollars into that ripoff AIG. Tsongas is in bed with Teresa's catsup Man.
GOLDLINE would have been wiser. Wow
Roger Anderson

Essex, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 23, 2010
 
Iron Mike wrote:
It's not just the stock market and big business which causes Niki to be two-faced. She always tells us about her daddy in the Air Force, and about her struggles to find light-weight body. And of course she ~ LOVES ~ veterans.
But since the late 60's she has been anti-war and anti-military. It would be hard to find a less worthy person to sit on the House Armed Services Committee. The fact that she does tells you how little Pelosi values our military too. Except Pelosi wanted a bigger jet to ride back to
Frisco in. The two of them went purse shopping in duty-free Dubai and called it Congressional fact-finding. Sweet deal!
I hope Obama names her ambassador to Greece – so she can see what runaway socialism does to a country. &#915;&#949;&#953; &#940; &#963;&#945;&#962; Niki!
The only thing iron about you is your thick skull.Read this and get back to me.

Support For Veterans Shows Sharp Partisan Divide
According to an analysis by the nonpartisan Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America Action Fund, Republicans in Congress have dramatically failed to support our troops after they come home. IAVA’s 2010 Veteran Report Card, based on the key veterans’ legislation that came to a vote during the 111th Congress, exposed a sharp partisan divide on the level of support for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, as MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow tabulated yesterday. Of the 94 elected officials that earned an A or A+ rating from IAVA, 91 were Democrats. Of the 154 officials who received a D or F, 142 were Republicans:

And Nikki only got a "B" I'm beginning to hate stupid and the more I read these comments the more I understand why the right wants to get rid of the DoE.thean they'll haver an entire nation of stupid people to buy their lies.
I live under a bridge

Methuen, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Oct 23, 2010
 
I called Tsongas to ask her to vote against Obamacare. There was no answer, but I left a message, which was not returned. I attempted to email her, but Congress had the e mail shut down before the vote, you could not get through. Funny how she has plenty of time and staff now to robocall (which should have been outlawed, but was an exception on the do not call legislation). I am a veteran and am tired of her veteran ads. Nikki, you may not have cared about my opinion. Well on November 2nd I will be expressing my opinion. This time it will not be with a call, but with my vote.
Fred

Tewksbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Oct 23, 2010
 
OUTLAW ROBOCALLS

Get the message out (but you can't call them)

Bother me at home=lose my vote.

Any time I get a 'personal' call (must be just for me alone) I tell them this.

Dump Tsongas- she and her kids get free rides(and tuition)
off her deceased husband's coattails.
Roger Anderson

Essex, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Oct 23, 2010
 
I live under a bridge wrote:
I called Tsongas to ask her to vote against Obamacare. There was no answer, but I left a message, which was not returned. I attempted to email her, but Congress had the e mail shut down before the vote, you could not get through. Funny how she has plenty of time and staff now to robocall (which should have been outlawed, but was an exception on the do not call legislation). I am a veteran and am tired of her veteran ads. Nikki, you may not have cared about my opinion. Well on November 2nd I will be expressing my opinion. This time it will not be with a call, but with my vote.
Your a veteran meaning you deserve expedited treatment. as a veteran just what did you do to deserve that treatment.

Try looking at this:

Support For Veterans Shows Sharp Partisan Divide
According to an analysis by the nonpartisan Iraq & Afghanistan Veterans of America Action Fund, Republicans in Congress have dramatically failed to support our troops after they come home. IAVA’s 2010 Veteran Report Card, based on the key veterans’ legislation that came to a vote during the 111th Congress, exposed a sharp partisan divide on the level of support for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans, as MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow tabulated yesterday. Of the 94 elected officials that earned an A or A+ rating from IAVA, 91 were Democrats. Of the 154 officials who received a D or F, 142 were Republicans:

And Nikki only got a "B" I'm beginning to hate stupid and the more I read these comments the more I understand why the right wants to get rid of the DoE.thean they'll haver an entire nation of stupid people to buy their lies.
The Truth

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Oct 23, 2010
 
he voted against Wall Street Reform? Where? he has never been elected to any office, right?
Roger Anderson

Essex, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Oct 23, 2010
 
Fred wrote:
OUTLAW ROBOCALLS
Get the message out (but you can't call them)
Bother me at home=lose my vote.
Any time I get a 'personal' call (must be just for me alone) I tell them this.
Dump Tsongas- she and her kids get free rides(and tuition)
off her deceased husband's coattails.
Think so, She's a lawyer what's your claim to fame? In lowell lawyers average $131,474
her congressional salary plus all the other perk's is:
04/01/2010 - 06/30/2010 |$253,230

I'll bet you wished you stayed in school and married right instead of getting stuck with that fat broad with a mustache.
cgf706

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Oct 23, 2010
 
Jon Golnik has my vote!!
I too called Niki's office to ask her not to vote for the Obama care , but Niki is a Puppet..... She also was one of the few who wanted to keep giving "Acorn" tax payers money!!!

Can't wait for Nov 2
nonstory

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Oct 23, 2010
 
The Lowell Sun will do anything to derail NIKI TSONGAS.

It aint gonna work.
this is another non-story.

Waiting for the John Gulniche article letting us know that he wants to privatize social security, having previously worked as a metals and stock trader on Wall Street before buying the two million dollar mansion in Carilyle

never happen
gby323

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Oct 23, 2010
 
I too called Congresswomen Tsongas'office and urged that she vote IN FAVOR of Healthcare Reform. Glad she did.

Niki has my vote ; can't wait for Nov 2nd.
Eddie

Chelmsford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Oct 24, 2010
 
Roger Anderson wrote:
Sure look what baker did.I'm sure your going to welcome him with open arms to once again loot the citizens of Massachusetts.
Here's some INCONVENIENT facts about how he will make reforms, you won't read this in the Sun:
Fact: As Undersecretary of Health and Human Services in the Weld administration, Charlie Baker was a central player in the push to de-regulate the health care industry in Massachusetts.
Fact: When Charlie Baker left state government, he ended up as CEO at one of the recently de-regulated health insurance companies.
Fact: That same insurance company received a government bailout when it got into financial trouble.
Fact: As CEO, Charlie Baker's salary at that insurance company went from $548,000 to nearly $2M during the 10-year period he was in charge.
Fact: During that same period, Baker’s insurance company raised rates on working families and small businesses by 150%.
Fact: When he left as CEO to run for governor, Baker raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for his campaign from the health care industry.
Fact: Not surprisingly, Charlie Baker opposes Governor Patrick's effort to cap the excessive health insurance premium increases on working families and small businesses.
They all do these types of things with no ethic regulations for any of them, but on Charlie Baker's web site he is for enforcement of illegal immigration and Patrick wants to give them free in-state tuition. Let's define free, that's when I go to work and give half of my pay check to illegal immigrants in-state tuition, food, housing, healthcare, clothes, heat, electricity, cable, cell phones, cars, and if they need it I apparently give them my job and I go without food, housing, heat, electricity.
Roger Anderson

Essex, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Oct 24, 2010
 
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text> They all do these types of things with no ethic regulations for any of them, but on Charlie Baker's web site he is for enforcement of illegal immigration and Patrick wants to give them free in-state tuition. Let's define free, that's when I go to work and give half of my pay check to illegal immigrants in-state tuition, food, housing, healthcare, clothes, heat, electricity, cable, cell phones, cars, and if they need it I apparently give them my job and I go without food, housing, heat, electricity.
I don't think Patrick wants to give any undocumented Aliens free tuition. Veterans get it, but I'm not sure if it's just for disabled Veterans or all veterans.
I seriously doubt your paying anybodies tuition unless of course you have Harvard pilgrim health care. It seems all bakers done is help baker:
Here's some INCONVENIENT facts about how he will make reforms, you won't read this in the Sun:
Fact: As Undersecretary of Health and Human Services in the Weld administration, Charlie Baker was a central player in the push to de-regulate the health care industry in Massachusetts.
Fact: When Charlie Baker left state government, he ended up as CEO at one of the recently de-regulated health insurance companies.
Fact: That same insurance company received a government bailout when it got into financial trouble.
Fact: As CEO, Charlie Baker's salary at that insurance company went from $548,000 to nearly $2M during the 10-year period he was in charge.
Fact: During that same period, Baker’s insurance company raised rates on working families and small businesses by 150%.
Fact: When he left as CEO to run for governor, Baker raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for his campaign from the health care industry.
Fact: Not surprisingly, Charlie Baker opposes Governor Patrick's effort to cap the excessive health insurance premium
citizen

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Oct 25, 2010
 
Patrick is too easy on illegal immigrants, wants them to get in state tuition. That is wrong, in state tuition should be for legal residents only, not illegal. That is a huge deal breaker for me.
If he wanted to do something about insurance rates, why hasn't he, seems like he talks about it now that re-election time has come. he is all talk.

One thing good I can say about Patrick, I contacted his office twice and received a response with in 2 days, an automated response, but it did answer my question.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
Oct 25, 2010
 
Interested Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Malkin and Coulter have a viewpoint to be considered.
Now there's your silliness!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••