Tests warned of cement troubles before BP oil well blowout

Full story: TwinCities.com

Tests performed before the deadly blowout of BP's oil well in the Gulf of Mexico should have raised doubts about the cement used to seal the well, but the company and its cementing contractor used it anyway, investigators with the president's oil spill commission said Thursday.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2010
Dumb as a box of nails

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Who really cares at this point, it's just a simple fact that something was wrong and as usual the government inspectors that we the tax payers have hire didn't have a clue. Oh well, I guess it's just another case of government as usual. Has anyone ever noticed that we have government employees that are suppose to be watching over things then when something happens another agency steps in and says they'll fix it so it will never happen again., government employees have become such a joke. In all reality this is a non story.
News

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

This is still news? The environmental movement is pathetic.

“Celebrate Liberty and Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

Mpls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

The oil is gone and washed away....get over it.
hmmm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Tank Murdoch wrote:
The oil is gone and washed away....get over it.
11 people lost their lives. I wonder if their families have gotten over that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••