Gas prices are about more than just oil

Traders work in the oil options pit at the New York Mercantile Exchange in New York, Monday, March 7, 2011. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“I am always right.”

Since: Oct 09

Former MN Taxpayer

#1 Mar 7, 2011
It's all Obama's fault.
Just my 2 cents

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 7, 2011
It's all greedy oil companies and thier buddies in congress' fault..
Pvbh

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 7, 2011
Just my 2 cents wrote:
It's all greedy oil companies and thier buddies in congress' fault..
Amen !!
Larry

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2011
Very true. They are also about the greed of Andrade.

Since: Jan 11

San Jose, CA

#5 Mar 7, 2011
Obama is in bed with the oil companys. They have pics of him with the saudi arabian king.
Yanker

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Obama is a disgrace......oil moratoriums that Obama has imposed hurt the working class more then anyone
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Mar 7, 2011
Too bad there's no oil anywhere in the USA that we could drill for.
Brian-C-Hoff

United States

#9 Mar 7, 2011
IrishMN wrote:
It's all Obama's fault.
Around 1973 congress past than supid law that stated domest product oil cannot sell for more than 8 to 12 dollar a barrel from our oil well, it cost more than 20 dollar than barrel to drill for oil in america. Our maker and the america public donot want more fuel efficently cars also.
Hollywood five

Hanover, PA

#10 Mar 7, 2011
Explain to me why they pay one price to fill their tanks and adjust their price to meet that expense but then the next day the same gas sells for ten cents a gal. more even though they payed the lower price to fill their tanks. Me thinks it's a rip off of the American people.

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#11 Mar 7, 2011
Wolverines wrote:
Obama is in bed with the oil companys. They have pics of him with the saudi arabian king.
He is in big trouble. I would not ever want Michelle mad at me. She could easily kill you!
Louis

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2011
Hollywood five wrote:
Explain to me why they pay one price to fill their tanks and adjust their price to meet that expense but then the next day the same gas sells for ten cents a gal. more even though they payed the lower price to fill their tanks. Me thinks it's a rip off of the American people.
It's all about the nuances of market economics. Most people know of supply and demand but that's just the start. You have to consider also how the futures are trading, geo-political volatility and even the supply of M1 in the economy. I understand a little bit but I rely upon the really smart people like Paul Krugman and Larry Summers to sort it out. I trust them completely and would never question their motives or sincerity when it comes to looking out for us.
pcw

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Mar 7, 2011
Pete Wendell wrote:
Too bad there's no oil anywhere in the USA that we could drill for.
you can drill on every inch of our country,mickey mouse could be president, oil prices are controlled by the corporate dictators the oil companies are a part of. so they'll gouge us no matter where they get their oil
The Smart One

Newburg, PA

#15 Mar 7, 2011
Good grief... It has nothing to do with Libya. The uS gets a mere 3% of its oil from Libya. The moronic government in the uS is making you all out to be idiots. BTW - The EU has vowed to pay the losses - or offset the price increases on that 3% to the uS.
Go ahead, keep buying the BS that government inc spews and you will keep getting the screws put to you. Is it Obama's fault, the Republicrat's, the Demopublican's (both one in the same)... No, it is people like you that have no real clue excepting a big mouth and a computer. Why don't you all use your time a little better and use those computers to study something rather using them to just hide behind and make yourselves to be idiots.
Chip

El Paso, TX

#17 Mar 7, 2011
pcw wrote:
<quoted text>you can drill on every inch of our country,mickey mouse could be president, oil prices are controlled by the corporate dictators the oil companies are a part of. so they'll gouge us no matter where they get their oil

Agree.

It is the "Game" of playing with the demand & supply of oil. Remember awhile
back they were filling the tankers in reserve of excess oil a few years ago
to keep the price of oil up. Governments of the World need to look at it
because the people in big oil take advantage of any crisis to jump the price.

Grecianformula2

Rio Rancho, NM

#19 Mar 7, 2011
We went through all of this with George W. He tapped the national reserve. Prices topped $4 years ago during that spike. I dont remember IRISHMN above calling for W. to step down. They p**d in their pants they were so happy with him.You want govt. off your back but you want govt. to set oil prices? What do you want?

“I am always right.”

Former MN Taxpayer

#20 Mar 8, 2011
Grecianformula2 wrote:
We went through all of this with George W. He tapped the national reserve. Prices topped $4 years ago during that spike. I dont remember IRISHMN above calling for W. to step down. They p**d in their pants they were so happy with him.You want govt. off your back but you want govt. to set oil prices? What do you want?
If you are saying I was a supporter of GWB, you know nothing about me and have read nothing of what I have written on Topix.

However, there was not a day that went by where we did not see headlines and hear people all over the news screaming about it being Bush in bed with Big Oil that was the cause of the $4 per gallon gasoline.

As such, Obama now has to be in bed with Big Oil. That is the only possible reason we have $4 gas.

----------

You said: "You want govt. off your back but you want govt. to set oil prices? What do you want?"

I will tell you what I want. I want Obama and his merry band of henchmen to stop preventing Americans from using our own natural resources that Our Mother, the Earth gave us.

I want to drill for oil in the Gulf. I want to drill in Anwar. I want to keep drilling in North Dakota and everywhere else that we can so we can stop our dependance upon the rat basturds in the Middle East.
RacerX

Rio Rancho, NM

#21 Mar 8, 2011
What they need to do is make the speculators take possession of that oil like they do other products.
Chip wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree.
It is the "Game" of playing with the demand & supply of oil. Remember awhile
back they were filling the tankers in reserve of excess oil a few years ago
to keep the price of oil up. Governments of the World need to look at it
because the people in big oil take advantage of any crisis to jump the price.
3M CEO

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Mar 8, 2011
Grecianformula2 wrote:
GW Bush decided to open up drilling off the gulf and prices came down, Obama has re -imposed moratoriums and prices have skyrocketed.

Strategic oil reserves will do nothing for the price of oil but it does put our national security at risk with no back up for oil.
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Mar 8, 2011
pcw wrote:
<quoted text>you can drill on every inch of our country,mickey mouse could be president, oil prices are controlled by the corporate dictators the oil companies are a part of. so they'll gouge us no matter where they get their oil
Sure, because supply has nothing to do with oil prices, right?
Vikings Fan

Rochester, MN

#24 Mar 8, 2011
Check 'Bakken' on google for more info on our vast oil supply that is untouched here in the U.S.A.
After you read this, keep in mind that the people in the Middle East are paying 25 cents a gallon of gasoline. And us stupid Americans are going to be paying $5.00 a gallon come the summer of this year. You tell me what's wrong with this picture.
Here's an astonishing read.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ..... check THIS out:
The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5...3 trillion.
"When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.." says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.
"This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years," reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves..... and we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!
That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from 2006!
U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006
Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?
They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:
- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen
- and it's all right here in the Western United States .
HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?
James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace,- it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?
Got your attention yet?
By the way...this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill Sep 11 Tuco Blondie 4
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1
•••

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••