Protesters demonstrate against BP at Long Beach Aquarium

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Carrying a sign reading "Aquarium: Don't Cover BP's Crimes," Doug Kauffman said he's angry with Aquarium of the Pacific CEO Jerry Schubel for accepting $1 million from BP for the new BP Sea Otter Habitat exhibit, which opened May 19.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Red W Blue

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

kbrows wrote:
Who are these people? Don't they have jobs? Do they really think this will solve anything? Are they anti-animals???
Precint workers for Betsy Butler Unite out of her district! Bonnie Lowenthal is just an old version of divide and conficate! Democrats take and Republicans give; WHO ARE YOU?
Wolfie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

People don't understand....What are you going to get out of it?? If you seize their asset's, Or strike against buying from b/p, They will not have the money to pay for all the damages...
ppl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Yes I do have a job =)
Yes I do care for the animals
Yes we don't care if you don't agree w us
Yes we will keep protesting until BP pays the ppl that lost their only way of income with the polluting of the waters.
Protesting the AOP for its hypocritical moves
And
Yes this is a greater cause than you and me. So your negative opinion have no implication or impact on people gathering for a cause. Is not gonna stop.
crazy world

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

12 protesters and with signs and some cheesy slogan is news? why not protest the president as he got plenty of money from bp?
crazy world

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

ppl wrote:
Yes I do have a job =)
Yes I do care for the animals
Yes we don't care if you don't agree w us
Yes we will keep protesting until BP pays the ppl that lost their only way of income with the polluting of the waters.
Protesting the AOP for its hypocritical moves
And
Yes this is a greater cause than you and me. So your negative opinion have no implication or impact on people gathering for a cause. Is not gonna stop.
what about your hypocritical moves? the signs you hold up are made from trees that was cut down. you drive to work and so how much pollution have you cause and you are supporting those evil oil companies. your job...what have they done to hurt the environments or people? so before you play like you're the only righteous person you better look at yourself and your actions.
Candace

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Really? Give back the money that was given 4 years ago for the exhibit? That's just ridiculous. It's not like they accepted it yesterday. Also, if it weren't for BP's contributions the Aquarium wouldn't even exist. So these people need a serious reality check. And accepting the money as donation is not "supporting" the oil spill, it is helping support the Aquarium and it's ideas. I guess asking these people to think before they speak is too much to ask. And going for the Aquarium official is crazy. Go and yell at the CEO of BP. Really just obsurd.
Heberts folly

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

The aquarium needs the money. Who cares where it it comes from as long as we have a great aquarium?
This is like protesting Walmart because they sell ABC soap from some company that the goofy protesters do not like.
Shut Aquariam Down

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Shut down the Long Beach Aquarium NOW! How dare the Long Beach Aquarium accept money from BP who is destroying our precious oceans. We need to seize all of the assets of the Aquarium and give it to the clean up effort. My family and I will no longer go to an Aquarium who promotes destrying our oceans!
Get a Clue

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

And who is going to pay for the Aquarium if private sponsors don't? You and me, the tax payers. And BP isn't the only party to blame in this, everyone who creates a need for petroleum (everyone) shares in the blame, so go protest against yourself. I think that BP is probably ripe for another large conscience cleansing donation and now is the time to hit them up for more!
lbreader

Downey, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Shut Aquariam Down wrote:
Shut down the Long Beach Aquarium NOW! How dare the Long Beach Aquarium accept money from BP who is destroying our precious oceans. We need to seize all of the assets of the Aquarium and give it to the clean up effort. My family and I will no longer go to an Aquarium who promotes destrying our oceans!
GOOD Stay home we don't want you in LB anyways.
Mr Seron

Paramount, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

I will never visit the LB aquarium, until it stops taking money from companies that destroy the environment.
Fast Fred

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

I hope all the protestors rode their bikes to the protest rather than burn evil petroleum in autos or mass transit - no double standards now! When do we go solar??? I must have missed that.
Ken

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

These people need to get a life.
This money was donated 4 years ago & helped build a wonderful exhibit.
I can't understand the logic behind their thinking that it helps cover BP's crimes.
Also as far as I know no crime has been committed, only a horriific accident.
yibs

Woodland Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Judged:

Nobody ever goes there anyways except field trips for little kids. But its odd that an aquarium would partner with an oil company regardless if they have a spill or not. Oil companies have never done any good for the worlds oceans, so why be a partner with them? Well its better then the aquarium asking for more money from long beach taxpayers. Its all about money. The aquarium would accept money from Iran if it meant keeping the doors open. Its called being desperate.
LauraWMPP

Huntington Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Good for Jerry Schubel!! I love the Aquarium and think that these protesters (as usual) have no idea what they are talking about. Pickers especially are nothing but sensationalists looking for limelight. They accomplish nothing and their opinions are ignorate ramblings.
G in LB

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

they look just like the Boeing strikers. Curious, I know unions hire paid strikers. had a friend that was paid by a hotel workers union for over a year to stand out front of the frontier in vegas. He only made minimum wage but was retired and said it kept him entertained.
lewis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2010

Everyone is doing their best to clean up the mess. These finger pointing protesters are just stirring up hatred. Besides, Hyundai heavy industries built the rig, not BP,and American workers maintained it. Bunch of morons !!
some one

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Alot of them drove there cars and then asked if they can have free parking in the parking garage. What are they thinking
joe shmo

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2010

You environmental wackos are the reason why we have to drill out in the ocean anyway. It's YOUR fault the spill happened, not BP's. You people are morons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••