Protesters demonstrate against BP at Long Beach Aquarium

Carrying a sign reading "Aquarium: Don't Cover BP's Crimes," Doug Kauffman said he's angry with Aquarium of the Pacific CEO Jerry Schubel for accepting $1 million from BP for the new BP Sea Otter Habitat exhibit, which opened May 19. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lbFamily

Long Beach, CA

#1 Jun 9, 2010
I wonder if they drove there in a car or a bus, were they ashamed of that?
Seriously

Pacific Palisades, CA

#2 Jun 9, 2010
How did they get to this protest? Walk, ride a bike, take the bus? If they drove here in their cars, they are just as culpable as the people they're pointing their fingers at. Bunch of hypocrites.
icouldusesomehel p

Downey, CA

#3 Jun 9, 2010
TAKE THE MONEY!

Ever meet a protester that had a clue?
pandora

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jun 9, 2010
20 people. Big impact. I bet the majority are unemployed and unemployable. Get a life you losers.
popcorn

La Verne, CA

#5 Jun 9, 2010
"Seize BP Campaign, a left wingnut movement advocating the federal government seize BP's assets and place them in a trust"

Fixed the story. To bad the PT can't get the description right.
kbrows

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jun 9, 2010
Who are these people? Don't they have jobs? Do they really think this will solve anything? Are they anti-animals???
Maxwell

Long Beach, CA

#7 Jun 9, 2010
If they decide to give back the million ill take it.
exjerseyguy

Ontario, CA

#8 Jun 9, 2010
The Government seizing the assets of a private company is right out of the playbook of Nobama's buddy in Venezuela.
Heidi

Long Beach, CA

#9 Jun 10, 2010
Anybody can be a prostitute, just goes to show you
Are you kidding

Santa Ana, CA

#10 Jun 10, 2010
What idiots. If BP didn't donate there wouldn't be much of an aquarium would there?
lordjim

Los Alamitos, CA

#11 Jun 10, 2010
Oh yeah, we should seize the assets of all private companies. Look how well it worked in China, Russia, Cuba...
For a better Long Beach

Chatsworth, CA

#12 Jun 10, 2010
These people need another hobby.

Or they can come up with the million.

Otherwise, get off my lawn!
hmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jun 10, 2010
If you want to protest BP stop filling your tank at Arco and "Thrify" or whatever that hole for a gas station is called. Same company.
Agent Orange

Westminster, CA

#14 Jun 10, 2010
They probably filled up at ARCO on the way to the Aquarium.
Lica

Fontana, CA

#16 Jun 10, 2010
Are these people serious? Maybe they didn't do their research about when the money was donated. I can't believe how wasteful they are with their time. These people look stupid!
Susan

AOL

#17 Jun 10, 2010
I applaud the protesters, but not at the aquarium. The cash came through long ago and the exhibit is already open. At least BP forked out the cash before they murdered the Gulf. Nobody here seems to care about the damange being done. You might think differently if the oil was washing up on Southern California beaches.
Kristy in LB

Saint Albans, VT

#18 Jun 10, 2010
Susan wrote:
I applaud the protesters, but not at the aquarium. The cash came through long ago and the exhibit is already open. At least BP forked out the cash before they murdered the Gulf. Nobody here seems to care about the damange being done. You might think differently if the oil was washing up on Southern California beaches.
We care! We just do not understand how protesting the Aquarium can change anything. They could try a protest at the BP oil refinery in Carson, or they could get a job and pay taxes.

Since: May 10

Long Beach, CA

#19 Jun 10, 2010
Instead of wasting time protesting, why don't these people go over and help with the clean up....
Red W Blue

Washington, DC

#20 Jun 10, 2010
Question; are these protestors aware somebody in their crowd might of sabotaged the oil rig?I would not put it past members of Earth First and the Bill Ayers Fan Club to sacrifice themselves like the Islamic terrorists do! The cause is sometimes bigger than just one person! Hateful people are always athethisic or egnostic and bible thumpers do not hate they; dispise!
Red W Blue

Washington, DC

#21 Jun 10, 2010
popcorn wrote:
"Seize BP Campaign, a left wingnut movement advocating the federal government seize BP's assets and place them in a trust"
Fixed the story. To bad the PT can't get the description right.
J.D Rockerfeller created BP's asset Standard Oil of Ohio!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP ruled 'grossly negligent' in Gulf oil spill Sep '14 Tuco Blondie 4
Halliburton Admits Skipping Key Cement Test (Oct '10) Aug '14 swedenforever 15
BP Covered Up Blow-out Prior to Deepwater Hori... (Apr '12) Mar '14 swedenforever 18
Indian official: Diplomat's arrest in NYC barbaric (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jeff Brightone 1
Suspect arraigned in motorcycle-SUV brawl in NYC (Oct '13) Nov '13 Daequan McRapeo 24
Urban revitalization as a process: part 1, H St... (Nov '13) Nov '13 nova 1
DealBook: Breuer Reflects on Prosecutions That ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Nancy 1
More from around the web