Bausch & Lomb low quality management and WAY OVERPRICED

Posted in the Bausch and Lomb Forum

Robert Elpis

Berkeley, CA

#1 Jul 7, 2007
Bausch & Lomb has one of the most incompetent management teams around, just two years ago B&L stock was topping 80 dollars a share and if it wern't for a potential buyout shares would still be well below that. The CEO Ron Zarrella who Jim Cramer has placed on his wall of shame has ruined this once great company. You can see Cramer's full analysis and recaps at http://www.friendbuddypals.com/ . In my mind Zarrella's greatest error has occurred during the disclosure of the accounting scandal in late 2005 when Bausch concluded that there was “material weakness in its controls over financial reporting,” and in early 2007 Bausch had to restate earnings for the first four years of Mr. Zarrella’s tenure. I don't know what price any company with this type of management is worth but is certainly isn't close to 70 dollars a share or greater.

full disclosure: I regularly contribute to the www.friendbuddypals.com blog
Adam Smith

Berkeley, CA

#2 Jul 15, 2007
I dont agree with you but I like what you are doing with that website

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bausch and Lomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Schumer Urges Valeant to Move Jobs to Rochester (Jun '14) Jun '14 Denis Guerin 1
Can We Solve Our Global Health Challenges? Indu... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Kate 1
martauro (Feb '13) Feb '13 javier 1
Wow Great Deal for Bausch and Lomb employees! (Jun '09) Jul '12 Ex employee 6
Bausch and Lomb tells its union it remains comm... (Mar '09) Mar '12 bill 2
william fulton soare print- Bausch and Lomb (Mar '09) Feb '12 Charms 3
B&L plans to cut 300 jobs (Mar '09) Jan '12 happy 16
More from around the web