Lawsuits filed against Bausch & Lomb ...

Lawsuits filed against Bausch & Lomb in eye fungus cases

There are 4 comments on the Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 19, 2006, titled Lawsuits filed against Bausch & Lomb in eye fungus cases. In it, Sun-Sentinel reports that:

MIAMI -- A woman accused Bausch & Lomb of manufacturing a contact lens solution that caused her to develop a painful eye fungus that permanently scarred her cornea.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun-Sentinel.

WTF

Kirkland, WA

#1 Apr 20, 2006
Insulin also causes fungus on the nails of the feet. Should diabetics sue the drug manufacturers too? The Lamisil oral medication can ruin your liver if you take too much or have liver probelms already (which most diabetics do).
Kris

Bowling Green, OH

#2 Apr 21, 2006
This is a serious issue and I find your posting to be quite ignorant of the issue. This type of fungus is painful, and hard to kill. It can spread throughout your body. My mother got it while using Renu, and suffered terribly for months. The doctors thought she would lose her eye. They managed to save it, but she rejected her cornea transplant and now she has lost her sight. I doubt it is a coincidence that so many users of Renu, all over the country, are suddenly getting this rare eye fungus.
lillie south carolina

Lacey, WA

#3 May 2, 2006
i used renu with moistureloc and have had lots of trouble with my eyes they get a film on them and are very red blood shot they also burn . what should i do ?i have stopped useing it but they still are not any better!!
Lisa

Rochester, NY

#4 May 4, 2006
lillie south carolina wrote:
i used renu with moistureloc and have had lots of trouble with my eyes they get a film on them and are very red blood shot they also burn . what should i do ?i have stopped useing it but they still are not any better!!
Lillie, make an appointment with your eye doctor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bausch and Lomb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Schumer Urges Valeant to Move Jobs to Rochester (Jun '14) Jun '14 Denis Guerin 1
News Can We Solve Our Global Health Challenges? Indu... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Kate 1
martauro (Feb '13) Feb '13 javier 1
Wow Great Deal for Bausch and Lomb employees! (Jun '09) Jul '12 Ex employee 6
News Bausch and Lomb tells its union it remains comm... (Mar '09) Mar '12 bill 2
william fulton soare print- Bausch and Lomb (Mar '09) Feb '12 Charms 3
News B&L plans to cut 300 jobs (Mar '09) Jan '12 happy 16
More from around the web