Former Bob Evans CEO, Dan Evans, Dies | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

Dec 25, 2010 Read more: 10TV WBNS 36
A member of the Bob Evans family who is credited with much of the company's growth and success has died. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
aol1

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Dec 25, 2010
Cousin not grandson
MTW

Blacklick, OH

#4 Dec 25, 2010
Just wanted to note an error in this story. Dan was not the grandson of Bob Evans but a cousin. We love and miss you Dan. Rest in peace.
MTW

Blacklick, OH

#5 Dec 25, 2010
To any negative posts here I would like to say that Dan was one of the best people I have ever met. He was kind and generous to anybody he came in contact with. He will be missed by anyone who knew him.
Jody

Logan, OH

#6 Dec 25, 2010
I had the honor of working for this man and his company some twenty years ago, and I was just a person that worked in the mail room at that time. But I can tell you from personal experience, that he knew every name of every person that worked in that office at that time. He never failed to greet me every morning with a "good morning, Jody". He was truly a nice man and cared for his employees. If I hadn't become injured, and had to give up my job up there, I would still be working for this man. Rest in peace Dan Evans.

Zanesville, OH

#7 Dec 25, 2010
I thought I heard a bell ring. Condolences to his family and friends.
Bob

Grove City, OH

#8 Dec 25, 2010
MTW wrote:
To any negative posts here I would like to say that Dan was one of the best people I have ever met. He was kind and generous to anybody he came in contact with. He will be missed by anyone who knew him.
Don't even be concerned about any negative posts. Anyone who does so does not have a life. As mother always said...if you don't have anything nice to say then keep your trap shut. Bob Evans is a fine restaurant and a great gathering place. We love Bob Evans...and obviously alot of other people do too.
Nick

Grove City, OH

#10 Dec 25, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
That company is sooooo screwed up ---- whoever is running it is running it into the ground. I have a friend of mine who has been trying to get a job there for 2 years and he can't even get an acknowledgement from HR, despite the fact that he is very qualified. The same positions keep getting advertised every several months and he applies ---- only to hear nothing!
Shut up!!! No one wants to see your whining!!
rowdy1

Jackson, OH

#11 Dec 25, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
That company is sooooo screwed up ---- whoever is running it is running it into the ground. I have a friend of mine who has been trying to get a job there for 2 years and he can't even get an acknowledgement from HR, despite the fact that he is very qualified. The same positions keep getting advertised every several months and he applies ---- only to hear nothing!
The problem is,when all the original family members are gone,compassion is gone too.
Its now a corporate comglomerate just like all the others out there. Even the original Ohio divisions are all but gone.
Sorry one

Aberdeen, OH

#12 Dec 25, 2010
I hope he is setting a place at the table for those of us who are to follow. He made life better for so many. That cannot be said for everyone after making this journey of life. Peace my friend, And Thank You.
meh

Westerville, OH

#13 Dec 25, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
Umm probably because any open position has to be publicly posted, even if they have every intention of filling it internally or even if the position has already been filled. They have to offer the position up to "everyone". That's ANY company, not just Bob Evans.
Stupid os as stupid does

Lansing, MI

#15 Dec 25, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
Two years to get a job at Bob's? I'm guessing your friend is entirely unqualified. Better have him try for the nightshift at Citgo.
GetReal

AOL

#16 Dec 25, 2010
Dan was a good guy........rest in peace.
Kim R from Cols

La Rue, OH

#17 Dec 25, 2010
A true restaurant legend from Ohio. My dad knew him and talked about how wonderful he was and our familes prayers to his family. Heaven will be a better place now that Dan Evans is there.
nancy and bob

Columbus, OH

#18 Dec 25, 2010
A high school business teacher told us the Bob Evans restaurant was going to be successful because it gave us a great breakfast. This was in 1954. Our teacher was known to run his own household on a tight budget. So we students assumed that Bob Evans priced its food very reasonably. Years later my oldest daughter became a manager for the Company. She learned how to run a business at Bob Evans while it wasexpanding under the leadership of Mr. Dan Evans. She now runs her own day care business. We thank both Bob and Dan Evans.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#19 Dec 25, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
Many cooks and waitresses from known 'greasy spoons' restaurants will not be hired because of the habits they acquired at those places.
Cest la Vie

United States

#20 Dec 25, 2010
I worked for Bob Evans in the time Dan was CEO, our restaurant was Restaurant of the Year in the late 90's and visited our store as a result, and he and his wife actually visited there as customers as well. Dan was one of the better CEO's that actually KNEW YOUR NAME. These days, they either know you as a number, or don't know you at all, the ones that do the work to bring in the big bucks for the CEO's and they don't even make the effort to know daily hardships etc. Rest in Peace Dan, you and your character and mission will be missed.
BEF

Columbus, OH

#22 Dec 25, 2010
Dan was a wonderful person and great leader for Bob Evans Farms.
Cest la Vie

United States

#23 Dec 25, 2010
Oh, and by the way D and D, habits come with the person, not with the training Bob's gives. If the person has bad habits, bad self image and a bad attitude, it's them, not the company. I learned a lot there, responsibility, self pride etc, it also depends on the character of your managers, I had awesome managers back then and I credit a lot of my person to them, as far as company goes, it's not always only the company, it's the people who manage your store and what YOU as an employee put into it. Work in a restaurant or direct customer service position and see what kind of people you come across...people can be total ASSES. Been there done that. I do agree that the company could and should be under better management, the CEO makes OVER a million a year, totally OVERPAID and UNDERWORKED.
u2me1

Columbus, OH

#24 Dec 26, 2010
maybe the ceo at the bike club on parson,s ave can take over.theres alot of county bikes there.
u2me1

Columbus, OH

#25 Dec 26, 2010
TAXPAYER wrote:
sorry they will not hire felony,s tell him to try junking metal like some of the felonys on colton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bob Evans Farms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob Evans original sausage roll (Oct '11) Jan '15 Mister T Florida 18
Waitresses bussing thier own tables (May '07) Jan '15 heresurtip 30
News Best Turkey Dinner | Bob Evans Restaurants (Nov '06) Nov '13 Maxine swing 10
News Bob Evans move upsets South Side neighbors | Th... (Mar '11) May '13 Enzyte Bob 182
News Bob Evans to renovate Rio Grande landmarks | Th... (Mar '11) Apr '13 They cannot kill ... 14
News Bob Evans recalls more than a million pounds of... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Pete 2
News Protest of Bob Evans HQ move starts with breakf... (Mar '11) Oct '11 Spooktackular 233
More from around the web