Smart Saver Account really?
Rayman500

Maple, Canada

#1 Jan 24, 2012
OK. I'm not that well versed in the financial division but this does not sound good at all. BMO's Smart Saver Account advertizes a whopping 1.25% interest rate on your savings. WOW. Amazing! That would take your money to double 57 years. Oh and they don't apply that interest rate until you have 5000 dollars or up inside the account. And they charge a $5 dollar fee for every transfer you make which to me seems like there goes your interest rate already. Please explain how this is a Smart Saver? I think it more of a Money Maker for the bank because now they'll take your deposit and invest it into somewhere where they'll earn 10 to 15 percent interest. Who's winning here? You or the bank?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of Montreal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bmo AD/OLB/165 this error Jun 8 Cheh 1
counterfeit money orders (Aug '06) Apr '16 Ieegoodwin 168
News Bank robbery results in lockdown of downtown Wi... Mar '16 May 1
Overdrawn checking account and NSF (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sordanman 1
News Robbery at Bank of Montreal in Halton Hills (Dec '15) Dec '15 was worth the drive 1
BMO PERFORMANCE PLAN Cost/Benefit vs. Price (Dec '15) Dec '15 ByeByeBMO 1
probleme de depot direct (Apr '15) Apr '15 patrice274 1
More from around the web