counterfeit money orders
TSS

Toronto, Canada

#131 Apr 26, 2012
Same story got 15000 for a 12000 car and told to wire the the balance Western Union to PETER ROLAND of the shipping co. in France. Draft was from Quebec National Bank--not even close. Name of guy who sent the draft--John Solomon told me he was from Alberta had a strong Jamacian slang to his voice, so when I asked him what time it was in AB he could not tell me that was the tip off the whole deal was bogus.Be aware he has many different names and email accounts.
Leo B

Palatine, IL

#132 May 16, 2012
I also got a "cashiers check" for 1,920 to be a secret shopper and evaluate a Western Union. Please. This guy must think nobody is on to him. My hobby is exposing these guys. The check is so obviously fake its laughable. Watch out for a guy named Raymond Bennett also.
chloe

Niles, IL

#133 Jun 12, 2012
Has anyone ever cashed one and kept the money and if you did,did anything happen
Nancy

Davenport, IA

#134 Jun 20, 2012
I got one today for 1,920.00 and I can keep 200.00 if I go to Western Union and send it to the Phillipines.. After I am done I have to Email Craig Barnes at Freddizine@gmail.com in 24 to 48 hours
Nancy

Davenport, IA

#135 Jun 20, 2012
Who do I report this scam to???
Tanya

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#136 Jun 20, 2012
I got the same thing. Can we do this or is this a scam?
xoog

York, Canada

#137 Jul 10, 2012
these are nigerians
kenzie

Toronto, Canada

#139 Jul 11, 2012
this guy david something who sent me the ad
he has my information
should i call the cops
its funny because i emailed him and now hes not emailing me back. im also trying to get him banned off of kijiji
tara

United States

#140 Jul 14, 2012
whatdoido wrote:
some david anderson guy is listed on the money order with an email mshopper59@hotmail.com and his phone number is listed...
yea same here and my post office said they had 4 ppl bring in the same ck
tara

United States

#141 Jul 14, 2012
yes same thing here david anderson m_shopper59#yahoo.com sent me a ck for 999.00 for mys shopper job at walmart and 200 was mine 25 to shop and 774 to a guy name robert friend. lok the money order was fake it had benj franklin head in it but it wasnt a anogram and the vert strip was broke and a real one would be a full. and ot would have a eagle angiram where they sign over the whole front. he got me off craigs list i just gave it to post office and 4 other ppl reported him and u even got his phone num tracking num everything arg u feel stupid
flows

Calgary, Canada

#142 Jul 18, 2012
Pepper wrote:
Can you actually cash these and keep the money?
I got one to rent a room. The rent was 600 a month. The said they would pay first last an second month for a total of 1800. I got a CIBC money order for 4600. I would never put in my bank. I went CIBC and they said they would have to clear it. I went to money mart and they cashed it. A week later they called and said its fraudulant. I said too bad and called the police. The police took my report and told money mart it was not my issue. I got another check from a company in hamilton for 19k. I turned it in. I kept and spent the 4600.
Paul

Salt Lake City, UT

#143 Jul 22, 2012
mocklander2@gmail.com just contacted me too. Watch out for this one. Good thing I could google his info and find out that it's a scam.
Mira
#144 Aug 16, 2012
Raymond is still at it. My cheque was for $2,500 for item sold for $400. Balance sent via Western Union -to shipper Peters Rolan in France. Cheque was from Richmond BC. I'm pissed, got 4 calls for my furniture and put this item on hold for this crap.
Tay

Toronto, Canada

#145 Sep 27, 2012
I am currently having the exact same thing happening to me. This morning I recieved $2,500.00 check for a gym we're selling for $280.00 On kijiji , he expected us to send money via western union for his delivery, first was an address in Scotland, now it's Paris France, when he supposedly lives in BC. I am thinking it's a huge scam, but not sure what to do. Rip up the check? Or take it to the bank find out if it's authentic and reap in karmas reward? I have already been scammed online this month!
Muriel Mac Donald -NS wrote:
I got suspicious when I received a money order in the amount of 2450$ from the BMO for an item I was selling on Kijiji for 250$. I was to send the money to Murphy Davies in Paris. The purchaser's name on the MO is Carol David. I also supposedly sold another item the next week on Kijiji. I can imagine it is a scam also. Just waiting for my fake Money order to come in!!
Maria M

Pasadena, CA

#146 Oct 15, 2012
I almost got scammed too! I am a Spanish tutor and I was suppose to "tutor" David Allan's "son", from UK coming for 4 months to the States with his "church". He was supposed to pay me only U$D 450, and I received a canadian money order of $2,500 canadian dollars!! He was never clear about anything and he also had the nerve to also called me and asked me to run to the bank and cash the order asap. I began suspecting, and after my 100000 questions, he sttoped emailing or calling me. Now I want to report him and all the scammers everywhere I can. I heard that they always "live" in UK, or France...
His emails: davidallan0002@googlemail.com AND davidallan0002@gmail.com
Maria M

Pasadena, CA

#147 Oct 15, 2012
IF YOU WANT TO REPORT THIS SCAMMERS, I found this web page to do it:
https://www.scambook.com/report
bill

United States

#148 Oct 17, 2012
I got a check it was a bad one 1,980.00 Sorry people why do this why
Alex Dubalyoo

Burlington, Canada

#149 Oct 23, 2012
our business posted an ad on Kijiji and a person replied (via text only). There was no negotiation on equipment worth about $3,000 and was located in Montreal. He wanted it shipped to the following address:

2707 Rue Ostiguy apt2
H4R1N3
Saint Laurent
Quebec

He also used a New York cell phone number and when we received the Interac transfer it came from the name Gergios Morarisg. It required a tracking number before the funds would be received.

We called Interac and they do not EVER require a tracking number for email internet transfers.
Ottawa Ontario

Toronto, Canada

#150 Dec 13, 2012
My daughter received one today $2500 BMO money order for a $200 Telescope! I'm so happy I intercepted this! She is 16 and would never have known any better! Are the Police doing anything to catch these people!!!
Bonnie Barbieri

Clearwater, FL

#151 Jan 2, 2013
I received a check today drawn on Midland States Bank for $1750.00. I was told to purchase a $50.00 item and wire the balance to someone in Port du Prince. That was the key for me. I knew it had to be a scam.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of Montreal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why are beloved Toronto buildings torn down - e... (Jan '17) Jan '17 lazy Councillors 1
News Developers accused of carrying out 'stealth' de... (Jan '17) Jan '17 same all over 1
Money Order (Oct '16) Oct '16 Sharon55 1
bmo AD/OLB/165 this error (Jun '16) Jun '16 Cheh 1
News Bank robbery results in lockdown of downtown Wi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 May 1
Overdrawn checking account and NSF (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sordanman 1
News Robbery at Bank of Montreal in Halton Hills (Dec '15) Dec '15 was worth the drive 1
More from around the web