counterfeit money orders
mike young

Winnipeg, Canada

#45 Dec 2, 2009
Shannon wrote:
We as well received a Canadian Bank Draft from the Bank of Montreal for the amount of $2500. He asked for us to send the remaining balance through western union to a mrs florence jeff in nunhead london. We went to the Bank of Montreal this morning and was told that it wasnt any good. That it was the old one and that they dont use them anymore. The email address of the person that did this to us is [email protected]
I know how to do the fake money orders I'll show n tell you
mike young

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Dec 2, 2009
I konw how to make fake money orders i'll show n tell u how
John

Saskatoon, Canada

#47 Dec 11, 2009
haha I got a eric roy one today, Nname Leo Frank, same eric roy shipper, BMO edmonton main branch MO item sold for 225, money order for 2480.00 lol Nice overpayment fraud....
Marleny

Toronto, Canada

#48 Dec 16, 2009
I have been dealing with a Richard Clarke, from Stock-fabrics.net . He sent me a CIBC international money order for $840 dollars. I am to cash it out at my bank, deduct 150 dollars from it, to purchase my "mini office" equipment. Then I have to wire transfer the rest of the amount through Western Union and send it to Linda Morgan (the shipping agent from London)for her to send me the rest of my "mini office" equipment. Then I can start working for them as a Data Entry Clerk, which is apparently entering company's old orders under a system and then send it back to them, I make $50 per order i enter... has anyone else heard of this one before... I still got the money order (haven't cashed it yet, although "Mr. Clarke" has been asking me when will I send him the information for the wire transfer) and I am not 100% sure if it is a scam can someone help me. The email they are using is [email protected] and at first I was dealing with a David Morgan now is Richard Clarke.
Linn

Agassiz, Canada

#49 Dec 27, 2009
Same thing from a Scott and Irina Pankratov. Said they were out of town for the holidays but wanted to secure payment quickly. They referred to the "item" never the Bed frame. I gave them all my info then for the heck of it I googled their names and I really wasn't surprised when this showed up! I have emailed them back and said it was sold for a higher price, sorry. Yeah right.... We'll see what happens next.
Marie-CLaude Bouchard

Ottawa, Canada

#50 Jan 8, 2010
I received the same money order from Irina Pankratov.
THe information for shipping was :
ERic ROy
1 rue de Ecole
France
[email protected]
lol whos paid 4500$ for a vehicle of 1000$ value?? hhaha Am I Dumb ?
Muriel Mac Donald -NS

St. John's, Canada

#51 Feb 2, 2010
I got suspicious when I received a money order in the amount of 2450$ from the BMO for an item I was selling on Kijiji for 250$. I was to send the money to Murphy Davies in Paris. The purchaser's name on the MO is Carol David. I also supposedly sold another item the next week on Kijiji. I can imagine it is a scam also. Just waiting for my fake Money order to come in!!
Lucas Taneda

Markham, Canada

#53 Feb 5, 2010
noooooo dont send anything to him o her i know its to late now but still dont do it....is SCAAAM
mff

Rouen, France

#54 Feb 7, 2010
I have been back n forth for the last month on a sale of a painting....and finally I receive a check for 8600euros and the painting cost is 1500 euros....and to send the remaining to a shipping company...the check is from Roma...doesnt even look like a check...no return address on the envelope and the stamps are from Russia!! and he thinks I am going to even bother to put that check in my bank account and wire him the funds to ADESOJI MAJEKODUNMI......and his name is James Amos.....and when I called you could clearly figure out he was african....and the funny part where they r really stupid...didnt even bother to ask about the pick up of the painting...so be careful there are couple of these guys around even selling you an unbelieveble car!!! and the catch is you western union them the funds for their shipping company and they have your car delivered to your home...but only after the wire has been done...I hope I am helping with this info.... xx
Mosedzs

Calgary, Canada

#55 Feb 13, 2010
I cannot believe that these guys have not been found yet, I have had the same thing happen and the guy's name is now Kenneth Parker, and the shipper is Foster Eric, the address in france is the same, I back searched the email address to find out they were in Washington state and California.
FRAUD CIBC

Kirkland, Canada

#56 Mar 9, 2010
Try to sell a item for 500$ got a check for 2500$ in an envellope from France.
Asking to send the remainning balence to a shipper by wester union. he will arange pick up.
Address: CARL TOSIN, 1 RUE DE ECOLE, PARIS, 75001, FRANCE. [email protected]
*FRAUD*CIBC**FRAUD*CIBC**FRAUD *CIBC**FRAUD
Alberta Canada

Edmonton, Canada

#57 Mar 15, 2010
I have had the same thing happen Try to sell a item for $770 got a check for $3,000$ in an envellope from France.
Asking to send the remaining balance to a shipper via western union. He will arange pick up.
and the guy's name is still Kenneth Parker,and the shippers name is Mary Smith, Address:5 RUE DE ECOLE, PARIS, 77501, FRANCE. [email protected]
*FRAUD*CIBC**FRAUD*CIBC**FRAUD *CIBC**FRAUD
dalas

Calgary, Canada

#58 Mar 16, 2010
I got the same fake money order today. I am trying to sell stuffs for $1K, but got 2 MOs for $2500 each. They are yellowy, old BMO Money orders. All the characters are the same as posts described above.

Here is the shippers information the guy provided

Name...Marlene Englisbee
Address...15 magenta crecent
City...Winnipeg
Province...Manitoba
Text....Colour
Answer...Blue

and he used email address Willson Powell <[email protected] >

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#59 Mar 26, 2010
i've got two of these yesterday zand about 3 cashiers checks sent to me
i like f'ing with the people. i tell them the nearest western union is in the next town over and i don't want to drive there. or i don't have W>U. near me.
the people go into a panic.
i had a friend who got a 3000 cashiers check, deposited money in his account, knew it was fake, then withdrew money and spent it. then bank came to him a few days later asking for money. he never paid it back
Not Stupid

Montréal, Canada

#60 Apr 13, 2010
Sold and item for $150 and she sent me a money order for $2250 and told me to cash it and send the rest through western union to some guy in Paris France. She also said that i could keep an extra $50 for the inconvience HAHA! what does she think i am STUPID!!! Watch out everyone (i was selling my item on Kijiji!
Wil

Mississauga, Canada

#61 Apr 16, 2010
I got my yesterday, for the amount of 2350.00, printed on a BMO Money order. The item I was selling was $300, and the letter instructs that $50 was for my troubles, and the rest of the $$$(2000 CDN) was to be wired to a Paul Badru, Paris, France /// The email that I have been corresponding with is [email protected] ..

I am going to continue to lead this individual on. BMO is aware of the scam, and it usual originates from a Sale on Kijiji or Craiglist ...

The local police don't care about the scam, or at least my local police taskforce don't care, and since most banks are aware of the scam, just be 100% sure the payment in genuine before shipping the product.

Cheers, fellow Canadians.
kijiji

Stoney Creek, Canada

#63 Apr 30, 2010
John Friesen wrote:
lol I got exactly the same thing but from [email protected] knew it was a scam from the beginning. Is there any way I can make him spend more money with out giving him anything? lol
<quoted text>
We are selling a van on Kijiji and have had the same response - he will send a money order and we are to pay the shipper - smelled the scam right away - we are currently still e-mailing with him (playing with him really tee hee) He says he is in Paris, but wants the van shipped to his home in Edmonton. I am with you John - would love the scam the scammer. His (her) e-mail is [email protected] and he claims his name is Ross Haswe. He wants our mailing address. ya right.
Freakky

Montréal, Canada

#64 May 5, 2010
I got the same bull sh** but the guy said he was AT BC canada, the cheque came from the bank of alberta and the enveloppe of the cheque came from paris ans i was suppose to take 100 and send the rest to the shipper at 1 rue des ecoles paris france, yes shure it is an hotel lollll
Selling on Kijiji

Calgary, Canada

#65 May 16, 2010
Ross the fraudster for sure. BEWARE do not give your address over the internet!!!
Selling Car on Kijiji

Ottawa, Canada

#66 May 18, 2010
We too have our car listed on Kijiji and i recieved an email from Ross Haswe at email address: [email protected]

I googled him and found this forum, which is great because initially i thought he might be legit.

Sellers Beware!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of Montreal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why are beloved Toronto buildings torn down - e... (Jan '17) Jan '17 lazy Councillors 1
News Developers accused of carrying out 'stealth' de... (Jan '17) Jan '17 same all over 1
Money Order (Oct '16) Oct '16 Sharon55 1
bmo AD/OLB/165 this error (Jun '16) Jun '16 Cheh 1
News Bank robbery results in lockdown of downtown Wi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 May 1
Overdrawn checking account and NSF (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sordanman 1
News Robbery at Bank of Montreal in Halton Hills (Dec '15) Dec '15 was worth the drive 1
More from around the web