counterfeit money orders
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
PATRICIA WHYNO

AOL

#1 Aug 19, 2006
SEVERAL OF MY CLIENTS HAVE RECEIVED COUNTERFEIT MONEY ORDERS DRAWN ON THE BANK OF MONTREAL FROM YOUR COTE-VERTU BRANCH
THERE MUST BE A WAY TO VERIFY THESE MONEY ORDERS WITHOUT GETTING PENALIZED
YOU DEPOSIT MONEY ORDER IN GOOD FAITH SEND PRODUCT GET NOTIFIED MO IS COUNTERFEIT
THANK YOU BANK OF MONTREAL
BLM

St. Catharines, Canada

#2 Nov 15, 2006
lol aol
Ryan Tomlinson

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Nov 10, 2008
I know how it feels. I had 2 come in to me that were fake. I would like to see images of real money orders
Anne O Knee Mouse

Calgary, Canada

#4 Dec 12, 2008
Received a BMO "Canadian & Draft" for $2500.00 For an item sold for $265.00. Instructed to give the remaining funds to his "shipper" who will come to pick up the items sold, at my home at my convenience. The BMO address is 2 king street west, Kitchener, ON.(it is a BMO) The stamp on the envelope was from the London, ON post office. The guy said he was out of the country, in Paris.
This "money order" (canadian and draft) whatever, looks old. The paper is yellowy, the watermark of the banks emblem/symbol on the back is supposed to disappear when held up to the light and it doesn't. My name and amount were handwritten, no date was written.
I went to the BMO here and looked at a real one, fairly close but different.
Looking closer at the signing officers on the bottom, there are 2 signatures, one in black ink one in blue, one is a longer name than the other, but it is signed by the same person, too many similarities in it to be fluke.
Shannon

Kingston, Canada

#5 Dec 22, 2008
We as well received a Canadian Bank Draft from the Bank of Montreal for the amount of $2500. He asked for us to send the remaining balance through western union to a mrs florence jeff in nunhead london. We went to the Bank of Montreal this morning and was told that it wasnt any good. That it was the old one and that they dont use them anymore. The email address of the person that did this to us is [email protected]
Melany

Hamilton, Canada

#7 Jan 28, 2009
Was selling tickets for $50 total. Person was mailing a money order and with instructions to Western union wire transfer the money to his shipper who would then pick up the tickets. Received an air mail envelope from the UK with a BMO money order for $2,000!!! Reported it to BMO and taking into a branch.
The email address of the person that did this in [email protected] and asked the money to be wired to
Name : DESTINY JEFF
ADDRESS: 22 LORDSHIP LANE
EAST DULWICH
SE22 7LW
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
No return address - Not opening the envelope.
Melany

Hamilton, Canada

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Correction... the email address was [email protected]
John Friesen

Winnipeg, Canada

#9 Jan 28, 2009
lol I got exactly the same thing but from [email protected] knew it was a scam from the beginning. Is there any way I can make him spend more money with out giving him anything? lol
Melany wrote:
Was selling tickets for $50 total. Person was mailing a money order and with instructions to Western union wire transfer the money to his shipper who would then pick up the tickets. Received an air mail envelope from the UK with a BMO money order for $2,000!!! Reported it to BMO and taking into a branch.
The email address of the person that did this in [email protected] and asked the money to be wired to
Name : DESTINY JEFF
ADDRESS: 22 LORDSHIP LANE
EAST DULWICH
SE22 7LW
LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM
No return address - Not opening the envelope.
Niki

Grimsby, Canada

#10 Feb 5, 2009
the same thing that happened to Melany is what happened to me. The bank let me know right away so nothing really came of it. I was urged to go to the police with this information. My question is: did anyone else go to the police? did you write back to this guy to let him know? What was your way of resolving the issue?
Tiffany

Hinton, Canada

#12 Feb 13, 2009
oh ya and also the email address he was emailing me through was [email protected]
Geoff

Cambridge, Canada

#13 Feb 17, 2009
My Wife and I received a BMO "Canadian & Draft Money Order" for $3500.00. This was for an item sold for $1000.00. Included instructions to give the remaining funds to his shipper who will come to pick up the item sold, at our home at our convenience. The BMO address is 2 king street west, Kitchener, ON. The stamp on the envelope was from "Priority France". The guy said his shipper was picking up more items for him in Paris France.
This money order, looks old. The paper is yellowy, the watermark of the banks symbol on the back is supposed to disappear when held up to the light and it doesn't. My name, date and amount were handwritten. The signing officers on the bottom have 2 signatures, one in black ink one in blue, one is a longer name than the other, but it looks to be signed by the same person.

Was suppose to Western Union the remaining funds to:

Roy Eric
.5 rue des ecole
Paris
France

Shipper email : [email protected]

Has anyone contacted the police regarding this??
MVH

Edmonton, Canada

#14 Feb 23, 2009
Wow.....so it seems this is pretty common!
I also received a $2,500 BMO money order for an item "sold" online for $120! Same old story: I was to give the over pay to the "shipper" along with the goods. The guy I dealt with also claimed to be in Paris (strange they're all from the same place?!)

In any case, if someone has figured out a good way to deal with this and reduce the chance of this happening to others in the future let me know so that I may also pursue it.
Rob

Abbotsford, Canada

#15 Feb 25, 2009
Got the same thing, same Paris address, instuctions to send the remaining money to France to his shipper for other items. Looked it up on the internet and behold a fraud!! Really, what would someone really do if they were genuinely interested in a $600.00 item, and he sends me $3000.00....give me a break!!!
rob b

Mississauga, Canada

#16 Mar 12, 2009
got one as well for $4500 for a $1500 item told to ship to ROY ERIC in paris and the buyer was GEORGE TONY [email protected] it is a
CIBC money order in my name from IRINA PANKRATOV
in an envelope from france it is yellow looks old not hand written it looks real done with a check/moneyorder machine verry nice looser try again
babymouse37

Didsbury, Canada

#17 Mar 13, 2009
I got one too!!! but I did not know about all of these scams, I am now knowing about it all after all is said and done! I owe my bank 2900.00. And I am scared of other things that can happen to me, like getting arrested. I withdrew the money and met the person in front of a store because they were going to get things for the kids that I was going to be watching. WOW, I am not able to sleep because of this now! What should I do? I got 2 of them, one looked fake and the other one looked really real. The fake one I still have and I think that I am taking that to the cops.
Alex

United States

#18 Mar 16, 2009
I got one too, for the amount of 3500$....With Eric Roy... Thank God I looked it up on Internet and found this forum. I will contact the police with that be sure of it.
Nicole

Brantford, Canada

#19 Mar 17, 2009
This is too funny, my item was selling for $144.00 and the fake money order was for $3500.00. The person that I was dealing with went by the name of Ben Smith saying that the shipper is Roy Eric. I learned about this scam from dealing with a "women" named Jessica Menze. Again the same story, item for $144.00 and money order for $2500.00. Didn't fall for any of it! However he threated me with the athorities.
Raj

Toronto, Canada

#20 Mar 18, 2009
OMG......... I just got one today too but good thing I decided to check the internet! Same thing, item sold for $1000, BMO MO for $3500.

Name - Roy Eric
Address - 5 rue des ecole
City - Paris
Zip Code - 77501
Country - France

shipper email..... [email protected]
Micheal Pankratov [email protected]
Not me

Canada

#22 Mar 20, 2009
Funny, I feel upon this site. I am in the middle of a transaction right now with the [email protected]
I know about the scam but I told him to send the money order as I figure he has to pay for that out of pocket. I called Western Union and all they suggested was to stop all communications. I'm waiting on the cheque then I call the local police station and the RCMP hotline. Since I live next to Kitchener I was kind of hoping that the money order will BMO Kitchener.
You think the guy would atleast change his email address...sheesh...
Boat selling for $1000 let's see what the cheque will be.
Me Neither

Grimsby, Canada

#23 Mar 20, 2009
same blade of grass.....different shade of green!
400$ item...got 2500.00 cheque. Arrange pick up, arrange pay back via Western union blah blah blah...how trusting are we? Good to be Canadian.
Thank you to all you posters I feel stronger (a.k.a smarter).
The only part different in my response from my "buyer" after my response about "how I was cancelling the transaction" was the excuse that he was paying his "shipper" the difference as the monies were owed for the purchase of a truck!
I should have told him I had a truck for sale!
Dr Mark Herbert or Dr Herbert Mark with a yahoo email address.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of Montreal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Money Order Oct '16 Sharon55 1
bmo AD/OLB/165 this error Jun '16 Cheh 1
News Bank robbery results in lockdown of downtown Wi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 May 1
Overdrawn checking account and NSF (Dec '15) Dec '15 Sordanman 1
News Robbery at Bank of Montreal in Halton Hills (Dec '15) Dec '15 was worth the drive 1
BMO PERFORMANCE PLAN Cost/Benefit vs. Price (Dec '15) Dec '15 ByeByeBMO 1
probleme de depot direct (Apr '15) Apr '15 patrice274 1
More from around the web