Brookstone
Ex employee comment

Auburn, WA

#1 Feb 28, 2009
Feel bad for the company. Great products but the leadership is weak. They are way too slow in coming up with product. They have a great group of talented buyers who are not able to do what they were hired to do. Wasted talent!!!!
Its sad when you have one person who controls everything and you have very little impact on your business. Why keep the buyers around if your not going to let them run their categories?
Brookstone is about new innovative product right? so let your team work on product not how pretty their spreadsheets are, give them a break let your team do what your hired them to do develop and buy product.
Regarding your tempory CEO here is a quick piece of advise, greet your employees when you seem them in the hallways it doesnt matter who they are. You don't want to be a piece of dry toast
Sincerely,
Happy ex employee
mike

United States

#2 Apr 13, 2009
Brookstone is slowing deteriorting. Very weak leadership, customer service almost non existant anymore. Give me the company of five years ago.
sally

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2009
Have to agree with Mike. Just try to get a refund when your stereo quits working after 30 days. What happened to their quality they were so proud of in the past?
Tom

Collinsville, IL

#4 Apr 21, 2009
I have never had a problem with Brookstone. The few returns i have done with them seem to be done fairly and courteously.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brookstone Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Older Brookstone backpack (Nov '08) Mar '13 lulusjazzy 3
News Wow Do I Feel Ripped Off.... (Apr '10) Apr '10 mall rat 1
News Brookstone losses continue (Aug '09) Aug '09 kevin 1
Brookstone Coupon Code (Jul '09) Jul '09 James 1
News Madonna and the Nuggets are Power Plating... sh... (Jul '07) Nov '08 Martina 2
News Towel Alarm In A Decade (Nov '07) Nov '08 Martina 2
My Life Picture (Apr '08) Nov '08 Martina 2
More from around the web