Miley Cyrus: Singer, Actress, and Wri...

Miley Cyrus: Singer, Actress, and Writer! - ET

There are 6 comments on the NBC 15 Online story from Mar 6, 2009, titled Miley Cyrus: Singer, Actress, and Writer! - ET. In it, NBC 15 Online reports that:

Entertainment Tonight Headlines Teen sensation Miley Cyrus adds one more accomplishment to her already impressive list of accolades, a new book! The 16-year-old singer/actress released her new book "Miles To ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 15 Online.

XXX

Monessen, PA

#1 Mar 6, 2009
She's 16 years old. You usually release your memoirs when you've lived most of your life and have lost your status as an icon.
This book isn't going to be a good one. It would be lucky to be called a "dime novel".
"Miley Cyrus: Singer, Actress, and Writer".
Ironically, she does none of these three things well.
Lee

Tulsa, OK

#2 Mar 7, 2009
She no more wrote that book than Osama Bin Ladin did. Disney hired a ghost writer who stitched it together from interviews and what is already known about her. Milye got her name on the book and her pictures on it and in it and it is "her" book because when they paid the ghostwriter, copyright went to Miley. But this is another "cash in while you can" deal because in 3 years her story will have no interest to anyone.
XXX

Monessen, PA

#3 Mar 7, 2009
Lee wrote:
She no more wrote that book than Osama Bin Ladin did. Disney hired a ghost writer who stitched it together from interviews and what is already known about her. Milye got her name on the book and her pictures on it and in it and it is "her" book because when they paid the ghostwriter, copyright went to Miley. But this is another "cash in while you can" deal because in 3 years her story will have no interest to anyone.
Really, how can a 16 year old write an entire book? She probably doesn't have the attention span to READ an entire book, much less WRITE one.
bayley and shannon

UK

#4 Mar 8, 2009
miley u are sutch a good singer and actor
XXX

Monessen, PA

#5 Mar 9, 2009
bayley and shannon wrote:
miley u are sutch a good singer and actor
No, she's another teen fad who'll be here today, on VH1 tommorrow.
Let me indulge you on another fad, one that you may not be familiar with: Milli Vanilli. These guys were loved by tweens everywhere, even winning a Grammy award in 1990 for Best Album. Later, it was discovered that they didn't sing on the album, and lip synched in all of their concerts, the Grammy was taken away, and they became the laughing stock of the music business.
Miley, on the other hand? It's evident that she doesn't sing on the album, some machine modifies her voice. And get this: she even uses a body double in most of her concerts, a sheer sign of PROOF that she lip synchs in concert, and unlike the former, gets away with it.
The music business has really immatured for lip synching to go from worthy of taking back Oscars to A-OK over the past two decades.
XXX

Monessen, PA

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Pardon me, but in that last paragraph, I meant Grammies, not Oscars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barnes and Noble Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Ganos Releases Debut Book, Greg's Backyard... Feb '15 michelle 1
News Clinton blasts opponents of immigration reform (Jun '14) Jan '15 spud 84
News Bob LeMoullec Reveals the Newsroom Confessions ... (Aug '14) Sep '14 newsman13 2
BARNES & NOBLE HAVE TO BE LYING. Help me!!! (Jun '14) Jun '14 cwarta 1
News Reporters Get Snubbed by Hillary Clinton, Compl... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kevin 1
News Jenna Jameson chalks strange behaviour during i... (Oct '13) Jan '14 Ida Hoe 8
News Mob Wives Star Karen Gravano: "Being a Gangster... (Apr '12) Oct '13 deely 34
More from around the web