Borders preps financial results as Ba...

Borders preps financial results as Barnes & Noble weighs merger proposal

There are 1 comment on the Ann Arbor.com story from Dec 9, 2010, titled Borders preps financial results as Barnes & Noble weighs merger proposal. In it, Ann Arbor.com reports that:

Ann Arbor-based Borders Group Inc. plans to reveal its third-quarter financial results late this afternoon, and analysts are watching to see whether the company addresses a proposal by one of its largest shareholders that the company pursue an acquisition of rival Barnes & Noble .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor.com.

like_I_said

Newark, NJ

#1 Dec 9, 2010
Just like I thought - that noise Ackman made about buying Barnes & Noble (everyone understands that will go nowhere) was nothing more but a smoke screen to try to save the Borders stock from being de-listed as the earnings are 100% worse than last year's 3rd quarter. Let's see if he's willing to put enough cash in to hold it above 99c per share now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barnes and Noble Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hillary Clinton signs copies of new book at NYC... Sep '17 hc books amazon link 2
News Barbara Miles Pens MS. Thang Goes Back to School (May '16) May '16 Anonymous 1
News Jizammie J. Griggs Shares the Adventures of Duc... (Feb '16) Mar '16 Dinky Jean 2
News Mob Wives Star Karen Gravano: "Being a Gangster... (Apr '12) Jan '16 All_About_The_Ben... 35
News Gay conservative writes book on leaving GOP (Oct '15) Oct '15 Newt G s Next Wife 2
News Chelsea Clinton: It's surprising not everyone l... (Sep '15) Oct '15 Mikey 5
News Chelsea Clinton: It's surprising not everyone l... (Sep '15) Sep '15 HullisionaryClinton 3
More from around the web