South Dakota ranchers reeling from cattle losses

There are 2 comments on the The Republic story from Oct 13, 2013, titled South Dakota ranchers reeling from cattle losses. In it, The Republic reports that:

Western South Dakota ranchers are reeling from the loss of tens of thousands of cattle in last weekend's blizzard, and many will dispose of carcasses in pits set to open Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Oct 14, 2013
I guess they never heard of barns.
die hard rancher

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2014
can't believe your ignorant post......get a life other than ranching as you obviously can't pick up the occupation from any other means than experience.......my sympathies to all of you die hards in S D.....but I have faith you'll be back......here's praying you'll stick it out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whope or Isthar the Neotenous Nephilim or Falle... (Mar '11) May '14 Southern Girl on ... 2
News Storm brings snow, tornadoes to Great Plains (Oct '13) Oct '13 midwest tornado-t... 1
News ODFL Continues US Expansion (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mario reyes 1
News Feds charge 9 with using illegal workers (Sep '12) Sep '12 public stockades 18
News Top After-Market NYSE Movers (SuperValu, Tahoe,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Patrick 1
News Legion helps VA center keep doors open (Mar '12) Apr '12 CCCCC 2
News SD man sentenced to 20 years for raping girl (May '11) May '11 discocrisco 1
More from around the web