Feds charge 9 with using illegal workers

Prosecutors have charged four people who own and operate logging companies in the Black Hills of South Dakota with defrauding the federal government by circumventing contract requirements and employing illegal immigrant workers, U.S. Attorney Brendan Johnson said Thursday. Full Story
Excellent

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 28, 2012
Right on!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 28, 2012
Was one of those 9 Mitt Romney? ;)

Excellent

Kansas City, MO

#3 Sep 28, 2012
I'm thinking more along the line of Obama and his illegal aunt and uncle!
ronnie

American Fork, UT

#4 Sep 28, 2012
This is literally a drop in the bucket, but a good start. Thousands of rich people enjoying their gated communities , including Romney, have hired and protected illegal aliens for years and years, at the expense of the US worker. They haven't prosecuted nearly enough of these people.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#5 Sep 28, 2012
Good, now go after more employers doing this and soon enough they will stop hiring illegal aliens.
Pug

Justice, IL

#6 Sep 28, 2012
Its a good start

"Conspiracy to defraud the U.S. carries a maximum sentence of five years in custody and a $250,000 fine. Conspiracy to harbor illegal immigrants and harboring illegal immigrants is punishable by a maximum of 10 years in custody and a $250,000 fine."

These fines and prison terms are just not high enough. The fine of $250,000 can easily be paid out of the profits from the fraud scam.

The penalty should include confiscation of any and all bank accounts and personal property.
Pug

Justice, IL

#7 Sep 28, 2012
El Cid wrote:
Good, now go after more employers doing this and soon enough they will stop hiring illegal aliens.
These "employer scam artists" are stealing our tax dollars. They should be shutdown by the government.

Is it not a red flag when their contract bids are unbelievably low?
Karma Baby

Clearmont, WY

#8 Sep 28, 2012
They need to do a complete check.They had kept 2 books. One with the real money and evidence and a book in case irs, auditing and authorities found out. Charge the families and workers.The native american women( from PINE RIDGE, LAKOTA HOMES,STAR VILLAGE and as well as some of the white women married these men for money and to give the guys a green card.These women also collected food stamps,WIC and commodoties.They knew and were part of it.SEnd the entire family,groups and friends back to Mexico.This is NOT about race or color ,it is about criminals and criminal activity,gangs, fraud, etc drugs
and all were involved in it,NO one should profit from their crimes,even the children .These crimes were committed for my decades.Wish we could have been there to see them all in handcuff,these are not very nice people and did alot of evil to others,KARMA baby,,, yeah!!! Some of them got little underage girls pregnant and some did marry them.gangs, theft, and fraud a big part of these people's lives.Prison for them all!!!!!
ronnie

American Fork, UT

#9 Sep 28, 2012
Karma Baby wrote:
They need to do a complete check.They had kept 2 books. One with the real money and evidence and a book in case irs, auditing and authorities found out. Charge the families and workers.The native american women( from PINE RIDGE, LAKOTA HOMES,STAR VILLAGE and as well as some of the white women married these men for money and to give the guys a green card.These women also collected food stamps,WIC and commodoties.They knew and were part of it.SEnd the entire family,groups and friends back to Mexico.This is NOT about race or color ,it is about criminals and criminal activity,gangs, fraud, etc drugs
and all were involved in it,NO one should profit from their crimes,even the children .These crimes were committed for my decades.Wish we could have been there to see them all in handcuff,these are not very nice people and did alot of evil to others,KARMA baby,,, yeah!!! Some of them got little underage girls pregnant and some did marry them.gangs, theft, and fraud a big part of these people's lives.Prison for them all!!!!!
Tell me why every time I turn on a news event anywhere in this Country, in the last 10-15 years, I hear about crimes being committed by illegal aliens, yet , yes we are told we are being racist, yet I can see very easily and very simply, the Cultural activities of third world poor seem to be all about crime. Pushing as many buttons as they can to prove some point. They are so not American. So corrupt than most Americans understand, and they break our laws, and laugh in our face. It makes me puke.
Papito

Riverside, CA

#10 Sep 28, 2012
when i lose one of my jobs i just get on mexican unemployment plan and have extra kids.i got to go my obama phone aap just alerted my of some more free entittlements.
va te faire le chateau

AOL

#11 Sep 28, 2012
ronnie wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me why every time I turn on a news event anywhere in this Country, in the last 10-15 years, I hear about crimes being committed by illegal aliens, yet , yes we are told we are being racist, yet I can see very easily and very simply, the Cultural activities of third world poor seem to be all about crime. Pushing as many buttons as they can to prove some point. They are so not American. So corrupt than most Americans understand, and they break our laws, and laugh in our face. It makes me puke.
The legal commit 100 times more crime, robberies, fraud, rape, illegal trafficking, deception, environmental destruction, lied, etc. than all the illegal in the US combined! What happens in New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Little Rock, Birmingham, Kansas City, St. Louis, Cleveland, Charleston, Savannah, Biloxi, Mobile, etc. is UNSPEAKABLE AND ASTROCIOUS AND SPEAK BADLY OF THE LEGAL!
Like in every case, the legal are the one who break the US law. The legal (LPR, US Citizens, and US nationals) know the law and yet their greed, lack of loyalty, and total disregard for the environment lead them to violate our laws and they enable foreigners to violate our laws!
So take a look at yourself instead of pointing fingers at others! They are here because you employ them! If they are not employed, they'll go home! They are not here because they love English or baseball or football or pizza or southern racism. They are here because of money and you offer that to them. Moreover, you consume the drugs that have made a hell out of southern neighbors.
Suck it up and shut up! Stupid gringo!
Papito

Riverside, CA

#12 Sep 28, 2012
va te faire le chateau wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal commit 100 times more crime, robberies, fraud, rape, illegal trafficking, deception, environmental destruction, lied, etc. than all the illegal in the US combined! What happens in New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Little Rock, Birmingham, Kansas City, St. Louis, Cleveland, Charleston, Savannah, Biloxi, Mobile, etc. is UNSPEAKABLE AND ASTROCIOUS AND SPEAK BADLY OF THE LEGAL!
Like in every case, the legal are the one who break the US law. The legal (LPR, US Citizens, and US nationals) know the law and yet their greed, lack of loyalty, and total disregard for the environment lead them to violate our laws and they enable foreigners to violate our laws!
So take a look at yourself instead of pointing fingers at others! They are here because you employ them! If they are not employed, they'll go home! They are not here because they love English or baseball or football or pizza or southern racism. They are here because of money and you offer that to them. Moreover, you consume the drugs that have made a hell out of southern neighbors.
did you get yor free obama phone yet?
va te faire le chateau

AOL

#13 Sep 28, 2012
Papito wrote:
<quoted text>
did you get yor free obama phone yet?
I got a free hole to fornicate with!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#14 Sep 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Look at all the "Gringos" wanted by the FBI for murder and violent crimes.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/ @@wanted-group-listing
nym8387

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Sep 29, 2012
<quoted text>
Americans who comit crimes in America are innocent until proven guilty any indio mojado who commits a crime in America should be captured and shot even if they didn't do anything because thier presence alone a crime.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#16 Sep 29, 2012
"accuses Angel Munoz-Escalante, who owns and operates Munoz Logging and Construction, Aurelio Munoz-Escalante, owner and operator of Black Hills Thinning, Rogelio Escalante, who owns and operates Escalante Logging, and Sergio Munoz-Escalante, owner and operator of SM Logging"

All Hispanic sir names. They have no respect for US law. Maybe they can ask Obama for deferred action?

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#17 Sep 29, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at all the "Gringos" wanted by the FBI for murder and violent crimes.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/ @@wanted-group-listing
But they are in their own country, if they were in Mexico you might have a case.

We don't need illegal alien crime on top of what we already have here.
public stockades

Dallas, TX

#19 Sep 29, 2012
Put it in a public square in stockades so that those who have lost jobs to illegals can pelt them with pebbles all day long.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whope or Isthar the Neotenous Nephilim or Falle... (Mar '11) May '14 Southern Girl on ... 2
South Dakota ranchers reeling from cattle losses (Oct '13) Jan '14 die hard rancher 2
Storm brings snow, tornadoes to Great Plains (Oct '13) Oct '13 midwest tornado-t... 1
ODFL Continues US Expansion (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mario reyes 1
Top After-Market NYSE Movers (SuperValu, Tahoe,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Patrick 1
Legion helps VA center keep doors open (Mar '12) Apr '12 CCCCC 2
SD man sentenced to 20 years for raping girl (May '11) May '11 discocrisco 1
More from around the web