Large gold nugget being unveiled in Rapid City

Full story: TwinCities.com 6
The Journey Museum in Rapid City on Thursday is unveiling what officials describe as the largest gold nugget found in western South Dakota's Black Hills in the past 120 years. Full Story
JakeNelson

Sioux Falls, SD

#2 Sep 15, 2010
A nugget that size will undoubtedly weigh a lot more than two and a half troy ounces. With gold at 2000 an oz $5000 is not very much. I wouldn't sell a nugget of that size for any less than $ 20,000.
Ibserve

Orleans, MA

#3 Sep 15, 2010
cool!
observe

Quincy, MA

#4 Sep 15, 2010
hug
Karly

Fowler, CO

#5 Sep 16, 2010
Why is it covered? All I saw was a blue cloth.Congratulations.
Rick

Kingman, AZ

#6 Feb 8, 2011
Speaking of nuggets, this company, North Bay Resources, looks ripe for picking and at this point the stock is cheap. They've recently applied for EB-5 status via USCIS for foreign investors to partake which, once approved, likely will add much value to the share price.

Corporate web site:

http://www.northbayresources.com/

http://www.alphatrade.com/ads/NBRI/thanks.htm...
Sonny Snodgrass

AOL

#7 Feb 8, 2011
Any nuget that size is worth much nore than just the price given it by its weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whope or Isthar the Neotenous Nephilim or Falle... (Mar '11) May '14 Southern Girl on ... 2
South Dakota ranchers reeling from cattle losses (Oct '13) Jan '14 die hard rancher 2
Storm brings snow, tornadoes to Great Plains (Oct '13) Oct '13 midwest tornado-t... 1
ODFL Continues US Expansion (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mario reyes 1
Feds charge 9 with using illegal workers (Sep '12) Sep '12 public stockades 18
Top After-Market NYSE Movers (SuperValu, Tahoe,... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Patrick 1
Legion helps VA center keep doors open (Mar '12) Apr '12 CCCCC 2
More from around the web