Geithner in hot seat again, this time...

Geithner in hot seat again, this time with G-7 heads

There are 2 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 14, 2009, titled Geithner in hot seat again, this time with G-7 heads. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

After the withering reception his bank rescue plan received in Washington, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner could be excused for seeing his first trip abroad as a well-timed respite.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

DAST

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Feb 15, 2009
I'm very liberal, and I fear Secretary Geithner is not up to the job.

He got a pass on his ethical faux paux because he was seen at the one-and-only man able to take on fixing the economy.

I tried to keep an open mind. And he now has had the opportunity to strut his stuff.

Unfortunately, it appears that messing up his income taxes WAS an honest mistake (a.k.a. incompetence) instead of a "small" ethical problem.(No, not everyone rips off the US for as much as they can get away with. No, it is not a sign of stupidity to honestly pay as much taxes as you owe.) Sorry to have doubted you, Secretary Geithner.

Can we have a redo?
Pete Wendell

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Feb 17, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Debt Consolidation Loans Services From National... (Feb '12) May '16 Cheever The Money... 4
News $1B Bank Heist Thwarted by ... a Typo Mar '16 Janet 7
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Texas Wants Its Gold Back From The Feds (Jul '15) Jul '15 Guest 1
News 5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal R... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Andarz Abedini 5
News The Real Deal-Real Estate update (Sep '14) Nov '14 Mikelintro 2
News Senate Panel to Hold Hearing on Regulators' Tie... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Le Jimbo 2
More from around the web