Alleged squatters say they paid rent

The 100 block of Vallejo's C Street was nice and quiet -- until what some neighbors say are squatters moved into a bank-owned home there. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
C Streeter

United States

#105 Jan 1, 2010
Squatters are out. After numerous (every day) calls to bank and real estate agent by neighbors, legal action was finally taken. The appliances are gone. But a license plate number was taken by many neighbors and given to the police. Many neighbors took a walk through of the house yesterday. The house was trashed and it looks like a hazmat team is going to have to come in because of bottles of clear liquid left in the house.

The moral of the story here folks is that just because it's Vallejo doesn't mean we have to have the attitude of "well, this is Vallejo." Become a pain in the ass and take on an attitude of intolerance. Make your neighborhood a coalition. In the end, we all want the same thing, a safe place to live for us and our families. Sometimes we have to fight for it. And it can be done within the law.
1 peeved property owner

Vallejo, CA

#106 Apr 10, 2010
What is it with todays dog owners. They will walk their dogs through a neighborhood with no intention of cleaning the mess they leave behind.
I live on a corner lot that is fenced off. However a city employee has informed me that I am responsible for the up keep of the property that is on the street side of my side fence. I have a watering system set up for the plants and I'm responsible for the trimming of those plants.
However my neighbors that own dogs seem to think this part of my property is their dog walking bath room and I'm sick of it! I don't even own a pet yet I'm cleaning up after someone's pet at least three times a day!
Forget about training the dog how about training the owners.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#107 Apr 10, 2010
More scam artists posing as landlords ( SFGate.com )
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

The glut of vacant foreclosed homes has inspired con artists to concoct a new scam: posing as landlords to swindle prospective tenants out of rent and deposit money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Dec '14 Swedenforever 13
5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal R... Nov '14 Andarz Abedini 5
The Real Deal-Real Estate update Nov '14 Mikelintro 2
Senate Panel to Hold Hearing on Regulators' Tie... Nov '14 Le Jimbo 2
Speed read: The juiciest bits from Timothy Geit... (May '14) May '14 okimar 4
Real Estate Foreclosures 9/15/13 (Sep '13) Sep '13 A Justday 2
US DOJ Charges Sinovel With IP Theft From AMSC (Jul '13) Jul '13 Jack Kelly 1
More from around the web