Geithner: 'I'll carry the burden' of ...

Geithner: 'I'll carry the burden' of AIG forever

There are 4 comments on the CNN Money story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Geithner: 'I'll carry the burden' of AIG forever. In it, CNN Money reports that:

A day after facing furious lawmakers on Capitol Hill, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told CNN on Thursday that he would forever "carry the burden" of the decision to bail out AIG but defended it as the government's only option.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN Money.

jimmy the geek

Lutz, FL

#1 Jan 28, 2010
presidunce obama's joke of treasury sec is a LIAR & a corrupt moron - he claims he couldn't even run turbo tax without making huge mistakes! now odumba picked him to run the country's finances!

don't know who is more stupid - obama or geithner - it is a toss up!!!

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#2 Jan 28, 2010
Somebody get the hook and drag the clown off center stage. He is a toadie and a boot-licking liar.
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#3 Jan 28, 2010
no thats not the truth,its put towards the debt,whos he fooling, cause if thats a true statemnt, it calls for his totally inslavement, go figure

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jan 29, 2010
there have been too many hurdles relative to AIG's big payback to the u.s. government - once that happens it will be smooth sailing for geithner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Debt Consolidation Loans Services From National... (Feb '12) May '16 Cheever The Money... 4
News $1B Bank Heist Thwarted by ... a Typo (Mar '16) Mar '16 Janet 7
News Paulson Distances Himself From A.I.G. Payments (Jan '10) Feb '16 Bailouts 14
News Texas Wants Its Gold Back From The Feds (Jul '15) Jul '15 Guest 1
News 5 Things to Know About Big Banks, the Federal R... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Andarz Abedini 5
News The Real Deal-Real Estate update (Nov '14) Nov '14 Mikelintro 1
News Senate Panel to Hold Hearing on Regulators' Tie... (Oct '14) Nov '14 Le Jimbo 2