Fitness International, LLC to Acquire...

Fitness International, LLC to Acquire 171 Bally Total Fitness Clubs

There are 24 comments on the Sys-Con Media story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Fitness International, LLC to Acquire 171 Bally Total Fitness Clubs. In it, Sys-Con Media reports that:

JimKaskade wrote: MATT FLYNN comments, ...."[This is a list] based on reach and not knowledge, usefulness of analysis, or trustworthiness."....and that "the word 'influencers' brought me right back to Gladwell's book The Tipping Point and made me wonder if this is really a list written for marketers rather than for security decision makers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sys-Con Media.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Barb

University Park, IL

#21 Dec 9, 2011
Mr Lifetime Member wrote:
I'm told my 'Lifetime' membership is NOT being honored any more, have been a active member for close to 29 years!! They BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
I just read they are going to honor, what they consider a lifetime membership. It really isn't a lifetime member ship. You get a renewal notice every year to pay your dues as I do. If you had a lifetime membership, why would you get a renewal notice? The rate is tied in for the life of the membership. Supposedly, they are going to charge you 1.00 at the expiration your contract and keep charging you that 1 dollar every year. 1.00 x lots of members =? I wrote a letter today to the Illinois attorney general's office and I suggest you do the same.
FAILING TO HONOR

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Dec 13, 2011
Don't be suprised if what LA Fitness means by honoring your membership is just allowing you the option of working out at the same club under new contract terms. You will all need to sign their contract to use their clubs, otherwise on January 1, 2012, you will not have a membership at that same location. HONORING AND SERVICING MEMBERSHIPS, HA, WHAT A JOKE!
George

Boonton, NJ

#23 Dec 22, 2011
I live in NJ and have been a student of TMA for close to one year.
Just like others, we found out we had a new " " temporary" Master because of closing of a nearby Ballys.
I hate not knowing if Ballys will close down and LA Fitness stop all TMA programs (rumors that only Ballys are in Texas and NJ)
Does anyone know if its definate that this is happening?
If so, I want to plan ahead and continue Martial arts at a dojo where they respect people
TMA kid

Schaumburg, IL

#24 Aug 19, 2012
A while ago I just got a deputy four (1 close to black) and it was cancelled ( I just got the belt and sparing gear) ME AND MY BFF who went there CRIED ...WHY hurt kids feelings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bally Total Fitness Holding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Britney Spears From Pop Wreck To Workout Prince... (Apr '08) Mar '14 M Robert 3
News Beachwood Bally closing; will move to Severance... (Feb '13) Jan '14 anomynous 8
News Blast Fitness to open gym in busy area near Par... (Nov '13) Nov '13 laxmi 1
News "Foreign White Substance" on Steam Room Floor S... (Jul '13) Jul '13 David Davies 1
News Straight Man Slips, Breaks Shoulder On "White S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 equalityboy81 1
News Bally Total Fitness Gets Its Mobility Strategy ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 sierraSil 1
News Sudden Gym Closure Angers Workers, Members (Dec '11) Jun '12 frank 7
More from around the web