Fitness International, LLC to Acquire...

Fitness International, LLC to Acquire 171 Bally Total Fitness Clubs

There are 24 comments on the Sys-Con Media story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Fitness International, LLC to Acquire 171 Bally Total Fitness Clubs. In it, Sys-Con Media reports that:

JimKaskade wrote: MATT FLYNN comments, ...."[This is a list] based on reach and not knowledge, usefulness of analysis, or trustworthiness."....and that "the word 'influencers' brought me right back to Gladwell's book The Tipping Point and made me wonder if this is really a list written for marketers rather than for security decision makers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sys-Con Media.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
l boze

United States

#1 Nov 22, 2011
I just found this news out and I am very disappointed they have already began to make changes that are not good . Myself and fifteen other people that attend Ballys of Lansdowne will be finding a new gym . They have really let our children down ... For anyone who goes to Ballys do yourself a favor and find another gym. I signed a contract and I feel they have broken it . I will be contacting an attorney to find out if I have a case against them !!
TMA Member

Baltimore, MD

#2 Nov 22, 2011
I think I agree with you I Boze. What LA fitness did is very selfish. I for one lke the TMA classes. I do Hapkedo and TKD. Our Master was in tears when she told us that the class was cancelled without noticed. She Got the call during our 5 mins brake!! I almost started crying myself. That is real F__ed up L.A. Fitness. Because of this You have lost you first customer. L.A. Fitness. You Suck Bigtime you took away something form me that was real imortant. i hOPE THAT EVEY ONE AFFECTED BY THIS WITHDRAW THEIR MEMBERSHIP!! LET TEAH L.A. FITNESS A LESSON
TMA Member

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2011
I think this rally sucks, I have a contract with them for tma classes and that wasn't cool. We got our classes cancelled without notice and we were not allowed to continue with regular classes, alot of young kids were upset at the situation. So if anyone has more info about what to do about this let me know.
GiGi Veto

Waukegan, IL

#4 Nov 24, 2011
YOU GUYSS SUCKKKKKKKKKK!!! this was an amazing program and you all ruined it!
kevin foronda

United States

#5 Nov 24, 2011
I agree the TMA program great and the master are awesome they need to work together and start there own dojo!
Gym Rat

Springfield, VA

#6 Nov 25, 2011
Yeah that happens a lot when places are bought out.I have a lot of friends who work as trainers in Ballys and they are worried also about their jobs.I got to talk to a few of the TMA instructors and they seemed very nice.I think they should of kept the martial art classes but the corporate people don't really care about what the clients want unless they can show them a profit that will make it worth their while.
BNXSTEVE1213

Halethorpe, MD

#7 Nov 26, 2011
Showed up for Saturday TMA class at Lansdowne, Md. and another student dropped the bomb on me. TMA is ending. Someone else who works there said there would be class Tuesday though. Great, no notice, but they sure took their membership money out of my account!!! Mater Lee's belts were even removed from the wall so that doesnt give me much hope for classes resuming Tuesday. TMA wasa big money maker for Bally's. For them not even to make an announcement was petty! One guy and I still went into the Dojang and trained. We will still do so until they tell us to stop. Let us know something Bally's!!!!
MsFitness

Bothell, WA

#8 Nov 26, 2011
I think you all need to look at this in a different perspective. Not L.A. Fitness who is the bad guy. Bally's is the bad guy! They are the ones who are selfish in not notifying anyone about what is going on. The corp. "big wigs" want to fatten their wallets while screwing their long time dedicated employees and members royal! Remaining few Bally's are going down soon as well. Beware and go find another club since soon their doors will be shut down! Maybe embrace L.A. Fitness since they have clubs that are clean and have the money to keep them running. Bally's have been going down hill for a long time!
TMA parent

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Perhaps Bally's has been the selfish company in some regards, but it's LA Fitness which has chosen to ditch TMA. My children have loved the class and their TMA master is awesome. We had no warning of this whatsoever and I'm peaved that they give no real closure to the situation. I'm thinking that if they're finding ways around our TMA contract, they'll find ways to weasel their way around our membership rate too.

Danvers, MA

#10 Nov 30, 2011
Where is the list of clubs affected by this and when are they going to inform the members? Still have no idea whether our club will remain open or not!!
Taekwondo dad

Denver, CO

#11 Nov 30, 2011
....they are cancelled TMA classes in Morton Grove Illinois...kids our future , how I will explain to my son?(Deputy 3)....so sad!!!:-(((((

Danvers, MA

#12 Nov 30, 2011
ALL classes are cancelled at the Revere Club in MA. :(((((
six corner in chicago

United States

#13 Nov 30, 2011
It is time for LA fitness to renew the gym at the six CORNER, fire all the trainer and staff, cleaned house, make it better.

Danvers, MA

#14 Dec 1, 2011
Revere Club will close at the end of Dec.:((
LA say's they will honor our memberships.
Chi H Chun

Chicago, IL

#15 Dec 1, 2011
Just went to the Naperville, IL TMA to say our goodbyes to Master Ha. It was very sad. Afterwords, I asked the staff if my family's TMA memberships are automatically cancelled, & they told me no -- I have to call & cancel the memberships! Really?? They make you jump through the hoops of cancelling memberships even after they eliminate the TMA program??? WOW -- that's a new low!!!
high red tma memeber

Paterson, NJ

#16 Dec 2, 2011
Our Master in prince William lucky found a sponsorship and a new dojang. And la fittness broke our contracts. There's a movement on Facebook called save our martial arts...hopefully we can gain support for our children and our art.
ADVISOR OF CLASS ACTION

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Dec 2, 2011
See the following sites for info. on how LA FITNESS treats its members.
www.fitnessservicesettlement.com (Mau v. LAFitness)
www.gymsettlement.com (Williams v. LA Fitness
Google Complaints and Lawsuits LA Fitness

There are several other CLASS ACTION lawsuits against LA Fitness still pending, and they are being consolidated into one larger suit. This is from consumers in multiple states.
Additionally, there are multiple smaller, local court lawsuits such as the shooting victims, etc,.

LA FITNESS is a disgusting company. They are even worse than Bally's. It is advised to consider LIFETIME or another club.
Mr Lifetime Member

AOL

#18 Dec 5, 2011
I'm told my 'Lifetime' membership is NOT being honored any more, have been a active member for close to 29 years!! They BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
Dee

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Dec 5, 2011
Let us know about an attorny because I feel the same way!! My understanding is that you can continue to use the Bally's that is now LA Fitness - your home gym - as long as you pay your dues, BUT you cannot use another gym, no other ballys or LA Fitness unless you upgrade your LA Fitness membership. If that home gym closes down then membership will be transferred to a close by LA Fitness. Im upset because my home gym is by my home, but I use the Bally's by my job, which I can no longer use
hate bally

United States

#20 Dec 8, 2011
I am a member for 7 yrs. Cancelled our account because they close tma.
Just renewed a 2 yr. contract for my son's tma. Until know I haven't receive my reimbursement:(
Also cancelled our bally membership, paid $60 for cancellation. Hate bally and la fitness...so sad for the master and the kids....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bally Total Fitness Holding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Britney Spears From Pop Wreck To Workout Prince... (Apr '08) Mar '14 M Robert 3
News Beachwood Bally closing; will move to Severance... (Feb '13) Jan '14 anomynous 8
News Blast Fitness to open gym in busy area near Par... (Nov '13) Nov '13 laxmi 1
News "Foreign White Substance" on Steam Room Floor S... (Jul '13) Jul '13 David Davies 1
News Straight Man Slips, Breaks Shoulder On "White S... (Jun '13) Jun '13 equalityboy81 1
News Bally Total Fitness Gets Its Mobility Strategy ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 sierraSil 1
News Sudden Gym Closure Angers Workers, Members (Dec '11) Jun '12 frank 7
More from around the web