Brown-Forman integrates wine, spirits...

Brown-Forman integrates wine, spirits units

There are 3 comments on the Louisville Business First story from May 8, 2006, titled Brown-Forman integrates wine, spirits units. In it, Louisville Business First reports that:

Business First of Louisville - 3:56 PM EDT Tuesday Brown-Forman Corp. said Tuesday that it is changing its organizational structure by combining its wines and spirits organizations, effective July 1. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Louisville Business First.

Fmr Sharehldr Employee

Louisville, KY

#1 May 31, 2006
Reorg looks like it was designed by an outsider to the company and industry. Let's hope that as they assign people to roles they do so based upon capability and experience.
Wine Industry Veteran

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jun 15, 2006
That is a nice thought, but having been part of a couple of big re-orgs in the wine business, I am sorry to say that it never works out that way. No one at the top really has any idea who their most capable people are in the field, especailly the further away you get from HQ, so the best jobs get assigned mainly to those people who are the best bootlickers, toadies and self-promoters in the company. B-F will become MORE insular, not less as a result of these announced changes. That is a 100% guarantee.
Ex-BF Wine Veteran

Dallas, TX

#3 Jun 19, 2006
I am in total agreement here. I left BF a few years back when the company first started to shrink its' wine side and the most capable employees were let go and many of those who were retained were generational employees whose daddy and grand daddy had worked for the company. Even though they were not capable of calling on the market to make a point of difference, I would bet they will make it through this next shift at the expense of those who should not only be retained, but promoted...
Wine Industry Veteran wrote:
That is a nice thought, but having been part of a couple of big re-orgs in the wine business, I am sorry to say that it never works out that way. No one at the top really has any idea who their most capable people are in the field, especailly the further away you get from HQ, so the best jobs get assigned mainly to those people who are the best bootlickers, toadies and self-promoters in the company. B-F will become MORE insular, not less as a result of these announced changes. That is a 100% guarantee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BrownForman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southern Comfort, Tabasco Launch Spicy Spirit (Oct '11) Oct '11 slyone 1
News Brown-Forman gets a boost from Tennessee Honey (Sep '11) Sep '11 Freeway 1
News Louisville companies see little disruption from... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Sandy06 2
News Maker of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and Fi... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bob NOT in Birds ... 1
News Imbibers offered free cab rides (Jan '10) Jan '10 terry jackson 1
News Earnings Preview: Brown-Forman Corp. (Aug '09) Aug '09 Mr Ed 1
News Brown-Forman closes Kentucky sawmill (Jun '08) Jun '08 news 2
More from around the web