New Civil War erupts, led by super rich, GOP

Full story: MarketWatch
Yes, "there's class warfare, all right," warns Warren Buffett. "But it's my class, the rich class, that's making war, and we're winning." Yes, the rich are making war against us. Full Story
Ohio Wrangler

Kent, OH

#1 Mar 22, 2011
I have long complained that only the rich are running for office so that is all we have to chose from. And they don't have a clue and most don't have a care about the rest of us.
Look at what Kasich did--hired a bunch of his monied pals at big money to make them richer.
And he wants to sell Ohio piece by piece.
With them in control, we can't even vote that they have limited funds to run for office--so that the party, the rich and the famous can't put their man/woman in.
And that is what we need. A small limited fund allowed for campaigns so that more people understanding the needs of the country can have a chance to get into office.

No more big campaign funds available. All have equal small war chest as they call it
Bill Hates

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 22, 2011
This happened in France once. Didn't end well for the rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkshire Hathaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top 9 Vacation Destinations For Wall Street Geeks Sep 12 Mostafa 1
Will the Prez Call Out...The Oracle? Sep 4 Burger King 5
Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest Aug 26 Robert Burns 1
Hetty Green's ways similar to Buffett's (Aug '12) Jul '14 SLIF 7
Obama, Wall Street Agree On Immigration, Says W... Jul '14 Amigo 1
Kellogg Shares Jump the Most in Almost Five Years Apr '14 Youdont Kare 1
China maker BYD again pledges U.S. cars, this t... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Katz 1
•••

Berkshire Hathaway People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE