Consolidation will bring 70 NetJets j...

Consolidation will bring 70 NetJets jobs to Columbus | The Columbus...

There are 16 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 3, 2010, titled Consolidation will bring 70 NetJets jobs to Columbus | The Columbus.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

NetJets Inc. will bring up to 70 jobs to Columbus by October, as it shifts work from a southeastern U.S. operation to its headquarters on the Northeast Side.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Rich Snobs

Dayton, OH

#1 Jun 3, 2010
And these clowns also got Stimulus money in addition to not fulfilling all their promises. This story should be in the crime section.
Marla Matzer Rose

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 3, 2010
Rich Snobs wrote:
And these clowns also got Stimulus money in addition to not fulfilling all their promises. This story should be in the crime section.
No stimulus money....you may be confusing it with state and local incentives that were offered a couple of years ago, but those were not paid out after their management and plans changed.
Bobcats

Circleville, OH

#3 Jun 3, 2010
Stupid Snob, Are you talking about the de-icing fluid recycling plant, which saves CMH $600,000/ year? Nothing NetJets applied for out of the stimulus was approved.
Confused

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 3, 2010
"There are about 95 employees of NJI in South Carolina and Georgia. Of those, about 25 will remain in their current locations along with an unspecified number of mechanics. About 70 are being offered relocation to Columbus."

This doesn't sound to me like Net Jets is bringing 70 jobs to Columbus. It sounds like they're relocating 70 of their people.
George W

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jun 3, 2010
The economy was losing 500,000 jobs per month in 2008.

U.S. GDP grew in each of the last 3 quarters, jobs are always lagging the numbers recovery in each recession. Those thinking about long-term recovery, know the enviroment will be a big winner in the conversion to biofuels & biopower -- saw a cool site; Balkingpoints ; incredible satellite view of earth
A new MIllionaire

Westerville, OH

#6 Jun 3, 2010
Confused wrote:
"There are about 95 employees of NJI in South Carolina and Georgia. Of those, about 25 will remain in their current locations along with an unspecified number of mechanics. About 70 are being offered relocation to Columbus."
This doesn't sound to me like Net Jets is bringing 70 jobs to Columbus. It sounds like they're relocating 70 of their people.
Well they'll probably have to replace about 65 of those becasue who in their right mind would move from Hilton Head to Columbus?
upset

Versailles, OH

#9 Jun 3, 2010
I must have missed the Hilton Head part. But, don't you appreciate the tax dollars it will bring to Columbus?
Cheeze Its

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 3, 2010
A new MIllionaire wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they'll probably have to replace about 65 of those becasue who in their right mind would move from Hilton Head to Columbus?
probably most of them. aviation jobs, especially stable and fair paying ones, aren't exactly a dime a dozen. unless they can all get jobs at gulfstream (which is in savannah and isn't exactly hiring right now), i'd say they will all be coming. there isn't much else in bluffton, sc.
Huh

United States

#12 Jun 3, 2010
Didn't they lay off hundreds and hundreds last year? This is the story of Ohio - mass layoffs, and teeny tiny gains. Lose 10,000 jobs here, gain 100 there. I had a neighbor who lost his job with Netjets last year and the bank just took his house.

I am THOROUGHLY unimpressed with 70 new jobs.
Bobcats

Circleville, OH

#13 Jun 4, 2010
A new MIllionaire wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone under 65 would jump at the chance to move out of hilton head. It's like living in a giant retirement community
Cheeze Its

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 4, 2010
Huh wrote:
Didn't they lay off hundreds and hundreds last year? This is the story of Ohio - mass layoffs, and teeny tiny gains. Lose 10,000 jobs here, gain 100 there. I had a neighbor who lost his job with Netjets last year and the bank just took his house.
I am THOROUGHLY unimpressed with 70 new jobs.
your facts are messed up. they laid off 350 in columbus. and about your neighbor, maybe you should enroll him in a finance class, he sounds like a doof.
Airline Professionals

AOL

#16 Jun 4, 2010
I am glad coloreds are permitted to mix with Angry pseudo white Pilots in the US.

Long live America with 8 dollar gas
rcjtplt

Phoenix, AZ

#17 Jun 4, 2010
Lat them off like they did us. That company is a JOKE
rcjtplt

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jun 4, 2010
A new MIllionaire wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL your right
idiot alert

Westerville, OH

#19 Jun 4, 2010
rcjtplt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL your right
YOU'RE an idiot, you probably got fired because YOUR english is terrible.
set it straight

Kenosha, WI

#20 Jun 9, 2010
NetJets fired 350 people last September. In January they furloughed 495 pilots.
It is not a "all white" company, seems Angry White United Pilot may need a little anger management.
NJ is combining their two divisions and moving the Gulfstream division to CMH.
Makes perfect sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkshire Hathaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren Buffett, Donald Yacktman Believe In The ... Jun 20 serenitystocks 1
News NewsWatch: Roses or thorns? Wall Street awaits ... Jun '15 ShermanKight 3
News 7 Stocks Warren Buffett Is Buying in 2015 May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News Tracking Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Po... May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News Warren Buffett's 5 Highest-Yielding Dividend St... May '15 Andarz Abedini 1
News The First Step To Taking Control Of Your Invest... May '15 Andarz Abedini 2
News Shareholders Excited To See The Oracle Of Omaha May '15 Andarz Abedini 2
More from around the web