NetJets accused of age bias in lawsui...

NetJets accused of age bias in lawsuit | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 31 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 8, 2011, titled NetJets accused of age bias in lawsuit | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A former sales executive for NetJets has filed an age-discrimination lawsuit against the Columbus-based private-jet company and its CEO, alleging that he was fired as the company chose to promote younger, lower-paid workers after its 2009 management shake-up. The company, owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, declined to comment other than ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
But

Columbus, OH

#24 Jan 8, 2011
BuckI wrote:
It's so hard to prove this, but I hope he is successful. It's one of those things that we all know happens, but we can't prove in a court of law that it's happening. I wish him the best of luck...one of these days, someone's got to beat it!
If he was black or a woman, he wouldn't have to prove shit..... just say it and the courts would come down on them so fast they wouldn't know what hit them!
Tigerhasawoody

Dublin, OH

#25 Jan 8, 2011
Why not give him 50 hours on the Marquis Card?
Maybe 5k of company money send him to Vegas...he keeps all he wins?? I'm good at this.
If you don't get paid...I don't get paid.
bonus

Hilliard, OH

#26 Jan 8, 2011
Kasich said he was going to cut payroll. So he sees fit to bring in his GOP cronies and pay them 40 to 50 thousand a year more then the previous heads. when asked about this on NBC 4 he says they will pay other people less. Typical GOP plan. The rich get richer and stomp on the working man. Let's lower the minimum wage while you are at it........FAIL!`
Angry Blackman

Sumner, WA

#27 Jan 8, 2011
Yeah; I don't see a lot of Negros over there either!
Those rich white folks over there had better give some of those jobs to the blackman.
I'm tired of collecting welfare!

I've been removed from this web page by white people. The blackman is always being put down. Now give me one of those jobs, Whitey!
Mango Bango Boo 2 U

Blacklick, OH

#28 Jan 9, 2011
Angry Blackman wrote:
Yeah; I don't see a lot of Negros over there either!
Those rich white folks over there had better give some of those jobs to the blackman.
I'm tired of collecting welfare!
I've been removed from this web page by white people. The blackman is always being put down. Now give me one of those jobs, Whitey!
OK, you'll find a broom, bucket, mop and rolling trash can in the closet marked JANITOR. There's dust rags, a spray bottle and rags for windows and smudges. You get two 15 minute breaks and 30 minutes for lunch which you can take in the janitor's closet. Any questions? No? Then get busy on this side of the building. I'll be back half way through your shift to take you to the executive offices where you can work with Mister James on the floor.
roof troof

Reynoldsburg, OH

#29 Jan 9, 2011
Bartone was given hand picked deals by Santulli for years. He was the ultimate example of nepotism gone bad. At best he was a glorified account manager, taking care of Santulli's most important clients and he should have left with him. He wasn't let go because of his age. He was let go because he was the only VP without a geographical territory and the book of clients he managed were those closest to Santulli and therefore the most susceptible to leaving the company because of the leadership change. His "exemplary" performance was the potential loss of dozens of aircraft in owners from the fleet and removing him was one of few smart moves the new management team made.
Angry Blackman

Sumner, WA

#30 Jan 9, 2011
roof troof wrote:
Bartone was given hand picked deals by Santulli for years. He was the ultimate example of nepotism gone bad. At best he was a glorified account manager, taking care of Santulli's most important clients and he should have left with him. He wasn't let go because of his age. He was let go because he was the only VP without a geographical territory and the book of clients he managed were those closest to Santulli and therefore the most susceptible to leaving the company because of the leadership change. His "exemplary" performance was the potential loss of dozens of aircraft in owners from the fleet and removing him was one of few smart moves the new management team made.
Was he a balckman?
Joe Momma

Aledo, TX

#31 Jan 10, 2011
I work for a Berkshire Company. I hope Buffet is promoting this kind corporate behavior
Joe Momma

Aledo, TX

#32 Jan 10, 2011
is not promoting
Mark

Pickerington, OH

#33 Jan 10, 2011
The guy was 65 isn't that retirement age?
Joe Momma

Aledo, TX

#34 Jan 10, 2011
just because 65 is retirement age now and soon to rise, doesn't mean one retires if he/she don't want to unless of course you're forced too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berkshire Hathaway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Warren Buffett's eat McDonald's for breakfast e... Feb 3 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News Buffett: I bought $12 billion of stock after Tr... Feb 1 Texxy the Selfie Cat 4
News Berkshire is accused in New York lawsuit of wor... Sep '16 Warren Suddenly S... 1
News Buffett Chides College for Not Cutting Tuition ... (May '16) Sep '16 Warren Suddenly S... 2
News Warren Buffett is both right and wrong in solar... Aug '16 Solarman 1
News Warren Buffett Says Pace of U.S. Economic Growt... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Blu Loony 1
News Warren Buffett's NV Energy Is Losing Customers ... (May '16) May '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web