stuart

Bradford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2012

My steam mop turns on, the tank colour turns from red to blue, the tank gets hot, but no steam comes from the mop at all. It is completely useless it doesnt mop, it doesnt steam.Has anyone had this happen to them, and if so is there anything I can do, or do I have to send it in for repair. Ive only used it about five times. Im not impressed with this at all.
A BV

Abbotsford, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

I had the same thing happen to me, I rang the company in Australia and they sent me a new one!:) They know it's a fault and has something to do with a valve in the body of the unit not letting out water.
Disappointed

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2012

I purchased my steam mop in late December 2011. Since that time the handle on it has snapped twice during normal use. A friend who was shopping for a steam mop asked about the B&D model at a local retailer and was told that they no longer stock the B&D steam mop due to two known problems - no steam, and problems with the handle snapping during normal use. Has anyone else experienced these problems and what did the company/retailer do in response?
Colin of Canada

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

B&D steam mop has worked fine for about 9 months then suddenly no steam.. will send this back to the supplier and get another brand.
Maisymay

Saint-andré-sur-orne, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

I have a B&D Steam mop, I have not used it that much, but no steam, the unit heats up but no steam.....any suggestions???
coops44

Sheffield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

this is my second black and decker steam mop with the same problems no steam. absolutely rubbish. 80 pound down the drain really disappointed.
Suzyel

Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

I also have same problem with no steam. Unfortunately mine is a year and a month old, so out of guarantee!
Gina

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

I have had the same problem, only used mop three times, then not used it for a couple of months. Come to use it, element goes from red to blue, heats up but no steam coming from the mop head. This cost me around £70. I hope they will take it back but I have no idea where guarantee is. Shame as the first couple of times I used it it was really good.
Vittorio

Trento, Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Same problem for me in only about 3 months the mop goes away and no steam. This product is unuseable.
Robrecht

Kampenhout, Belgium

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Great product... if it doesn't break down.
Main failure is the handle (mine broke after 10 days) and when it breaks (which it does certainly on hard floors due to the fabric used) B&D will claim transport cost to send the complete unit back which are more expensive than buying a new handle. A new way avoiding warranty and a new way of swindle the legal European warranty for the customer.
Google it before you buy and you’ll find many more… I found it, but it was too late.
eric uk

Darlington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

useless,bought june2012 used twice .now same as other posts heating up but no steam coming from it .i bought it at comet who are now in liquidation ,phoned this morning(10/06/2012)so no returns accepted ,inow have £75s worth of useless plastic
Ian Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Same story...got no chance of a refund here. These manufacturers get these things made a rock bottom prices with minimal quality control and then sell them at very high prices and then they will get out of the guarantee promises if they can....
Helen0701

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

All may not be lost! My steam mop has done exactly the same, no steam after a few uses.

I contacted Black & Decker & they gave me the address of their Warranty Repairers. On explaining I no longer have the receipt, I was told that the machines have a date stamp so as long as they're within their 2 years manufacture date, the Repairers are happy to accept the machine for repair or replacement - this is a well known fault & it seems B&D have also ceased to produce this model..
hoang ha

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

My steam mop turns on, the tank colour turns from red to blue, the tank gets hot, but no steam comes from the mop at all. It is completely useless it doesnt mop, it doesnt steam.Has anyone had this happen to them, and if so is there anything I can do, or do I have to send it in for repair.
Donna

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Where can I find the serial number on my black and decker steam mop?
Graham

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

I bought a black and decker steam mop on line, it worked so well I bought my ex one as we both have dogs and floors that need cleaning. Mine lasted a few months as did my ex'x both heat up, lights change colour but no steam, expensive at £70 each I bought one from Asda £25 works every time, any suggestions as to whats wrong?
Andy

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

We bought our B&D steam mob about a year back and has just stopped working. We never expected the B&D brand to fail so soon. We are now looking for another one & will not bother going back to B&D as it seems they were selling duff units for some time according to the list of similar defects. I feel ripped off.
Gloria

Hawthorn, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I bought one in January, used it twice, worked well, then the third time it made a loud pop had smoke come out of it and then the water just poured out the bottom of the handle and no heat at all. Not sure i want to try another one if they have so many issues. They did say they would change it over for me though.
Jamie

Melbourne, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Add me to the list of people with a dud unit - no steam.

Will try taking it back.
Jnny rmBrisol

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

absolue load of rubbish ! as with evryone else no steam

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Black and Decker Forum right now

Search the Black and Decker Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Spacemaker Toaster Ovens (Aug '07) Feb '14 Beverly McTyier 59
Snakelight replacement bulb (Oct '08) Jan '14 Scott 10
how to clean and reset black & decker coffeemak... (Sep '10) Nov '13 Lin 23
B&D Spacemaker SDC850 Coffee Maker: piece poppe... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Joanne 1
BD Workmate Model Number (Mar '12) Sep '13 faysal 2
lectro saw (Oct '07) Sep '13 berni 26
part (Aug '13) Aug '13 SDW 1
•••
•••