Teller launches CIBC lawsuit

Teller launches CIBC lawsuit

There are 2 comments on the The Toronto Star story from Jun 6, 2007, titled Teller launches CIBC lawsuit. In it, The Toronto Star reports that:

“I decided to seek out legal advice to see mainly if this was allowed and to find out what my options were ... because it isn't fair to work and not be paid for your time.”

A bank teller is taking on one of Canada's biggest financial institutions in a class-action lawsuit that alleges CIBC failed to pay overtime to customer service staff. via The Toronto Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Toronto Star.

whiner888

Petrolia, Canada

#1 Jul 4, 2007
i know someone who works 4 cibc and she's always bringing home work. whenever her till is short or over, she brings home all of the transactions she did for the day (which includes account numbers and signatures). she is not getting paid for doing this and at the same time she is toting aroungg confidental information
Past Employee

Canada

#2 Aug 9, 2007
whiner888 wrote:
i know someone who works 4 cibc and she's always bringing home work. whenever her till is short or over, she brings home all of the transactions she did for the day (which includes account numbers and signatures). she is not getting paid for doing this and at the same time she is toting aroungg confidental information
That's not uncommon at CIBC, a cash shortage/overage goes on record against a CSR. You are not given time to look for a difference.........so you take it home, work on lunch or coffee break.....or it counts against you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CIBC cuts 500 jobs in past 2 weeks: Wall Street... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Tim Hortons News 1
News Weekly 52 Week Highs Highlight: CM, PBA, UN, CL (May '14) May '14 Barney 1
News TEXT-Fitch rates CIBC World Markets Plc (Nov '12) Nov '12 George 1
News BCM In Depth: Guide To The iPath Pure Beta Broa... (Nov '12) Nov '12 George 1
News CIBC Looks for Takeovers Outside Canada, Chief ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 richard rambo 1
News Cormark Securities Hires Analyst Darko Mihelic ... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Elaine 1
News Arctic could be plunged into "armed conflict : ... (Feb '08) Feb '08 Canada 1
More from around the web