No bonuses for BB&T execs

ASHEVILLE BB&T Corp. says its top executives won't get bonuses for 2008, The Associated Press reports. Full Story
WNC

Hayesville, NC

#1 Feb 2, 2009
Way to Go BB&T! Finally a bank with honor. I may just open an account based on this information....
Dionysis

Asheville, NC

#2 Feb 2, 2009
It's good they state the obvious; that bonuses are paid for meeting certain targets or financial objectives which were not met.

It would be nice to know if they would have awarded bonuses anyway had it not been for the scandal over Merrill Lynch's pompous, greedy and boneheaded former CEO and the 18 billion in bonuses.
Retardo

United States

#3 Feb 2, 2009
Dionysis wrote:
It's good they state the obvious; that bonuses are paid for meeting certain targets or financial objectives which were not met.
It would be nice to know if they would have awarded bonuses anyway had it not been for the scandal over Merrill Lynch's pompous, greedy and boneheaded former CEO and the 18 billion in bonuses.
Maybe you should run everything, since you seem to know everything.

“RadicalDudette”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#4 Feb 2, 2009
Well the news did not report that this bank will be sponsoring a large post super bowl game party.

At the publics expense, although the executives for this bank are claiming they will pay for it.

So the big execs do not get a bonus, too bad. But
the bank is still spending the big bucks.

Since: Jun 07

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Feb 2, 2009
Well, bust my gonads. An sensible bank! Cool!
Dan

Inman, SC

#6 Feb 2, 2009
That sounds good. No bonuses for "top execs". They don't talk about the huge layer of directors and vice-presidents in line for their bonus. Just a lot of smoke and mirrors.
US Paupers

Inman, SC

#7 Feb 2, 2009
MurphyMobile wrote:
Well the news did not report that this bank will be sponsoring a large post super bowl game party.
At the publics expense, although the executives for this bank are claiming they will pay for it.
The HUGE super bowl party. Right after getting $45 BILLION in BAILOUT MONEY. First AIG's resort trip at taxpayer's expense, then Citi's $50 MILLION dollar jet they were getting after getting bailout money and Bank of America has a super bowl party. No end in sight.
Keith former Gun-bunny

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2009
Oh, poor babies. Break out the crying towels and cheese. By the way, what is a bonus? I never have had one.
Jonathan

Peoria, AZ

#9 Feb 11, 2009
Shamed on those bank CEO's getting millions of bonuses from tax payers money.!Greed!
Just Me

Rocky Mount, NC

#10 Mar 5, 2009
MurphyMobile wrote:
They can't help that they have the 'big bucks' to spend since they were smart enough NOT to make the sub-prime loans!
Betty

Albemarle, NC

#11 Mar 5, 2009
Stay small BB&T, don't get big and greedy like Wachovia did, or Bank of America!
Stanley

Inman, SC

#12 Mar 5, 2009
Betty wrote:
Stay small BB&T, don't get big and greedy like Wachovia did, or Bank of America!
BB&T is not small or local. Get online and check out its financials. ROFLMAO. You might be surprised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BBT Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BB&T Error Ruins Family Father's Day Celebrations (Jun '12) Sep '13 River guy 4
btt forum- topix (Apr '13) Apr '13 lenutaa_mirceaa 1
Managing your own accounts (Aug '12) Aug '12 The undertaker 1
BB&T extends credit facility to Main Street Cap... (Jul '11) Jul '11 brad 1
APNewsBreak: Judge orders BB&T to rehire invest... (Apr '10) Apr '10 jrw 2
BB&T Cursed? (May '09) May '09 FireMan 1
Billions in Bank Rescue Funds are Fueling Buyou... (Dec '08) Dec '08 lenutaa_mirceaa 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

BBT People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••