Whos bb owe over a BILLION BUCKS too?

Posted in the Blockbuster Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Who wants to buy BB

Fairbanks, AK

#1 Feb 15, 2011
The BIG QUESTION is who in the world would want to purchase BB? and why?

anyone?
a guess ?

Buller....
buller.....

* sure seems like BB would be closing 100 stores per day.. Its shows, they do not care about repaying there debt..
** even Carl I. knows BB is a dead horse thats has been kicked, jumped started about 50 times to much!!,,, so why is he interested then? gots to be money some how??!!
the movie fan

Fairbanks, AK

#2 Feb 15, 2011
its
Bueller
Bueller
very funny movie,, not available at BB stores...:(
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Blockbuster's management and bondholders cannot seem to get the message that the stores have got to go so hopefully the courts will force the stores to close and then we can all get on with our lives.
force them to close bb

Fairbanks, AK

#4 Feb 15, 2011
can this happen? courts force bb to close?
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#5 Feb 15, 2011
It is possible...especially if Blockbuster cannot find a buyer.
force them to close bb

Fairbanks, AK

#6 Feb 16, 2011
seems like if the courts make bb close.. that might take months or years....

whats your thoughts??

Something to think about

Tampa, FL

#7 Feb 16, 2011
If Carl Icahn is interested then I have strong reason to believe that theres unknown value in the company. If he chooses to buy them out, which I hope he does, they will make a huge comeback. Men like that make money. On another note society is not completely electronic yet, it's coming but were not quite there. I also believe that there is a market for physical store fronts, convenience and lower income . Dont forget the exclusive 30 day advantage blocbuster has on its competition, and the 350 million of invested interest that MGM, DISNEY,and WB have in the company. Not like chapt 7 more likely a buyout!
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#8 Feb 16, 2011
Following what Mr. Icahn does would be a very foolish move considering that the guy has a 'my way or the highway' attitude and he will stop at nothing to get it. Just ask former Blockbuster CEO John Antioco when he got the boot after Carl won himself a Blockbuster director seat. Mr. Icahn has paved Blockbuster's death trap ever since and companies like Lions Gate see how toxic Mr. Icahn really is and tell him to stay away.

The 30-day 'advantage' has been deemed irrelevant as many studios like Warner Bros., Universal and Sony are now holding out on accessibility of their titles in Blockbuster kiosks, for instance. They know that Blockbuster cannot pay and, with little cash in Blockbuster's bank account, the studios are hesitant to do much more business with Blockbuster. Plus, many customers are willing to wait and may not even care when a movie is released, just as long as it is not Blockbuster that they are getting the movie from.

Society is most definitely electronic and Blockbuster simply cannot grasp this and that is one of the main reasons their business is going down the toilet. Rental stores are obsolete, Blockbuster is anything but convenient, and lower income markets do not last in a struggling economy.

In conclusion, no comeback is possible for Blockbuster given its history of ignorance. While no turnaround is possible in one day, Blockbuster has had years and failed to act for many of those years. That's why many have lost faith in the company and are simply awaiting the long-overdue day that Blockbuster finally gives up and rids itself from the face of our planet.
Something to think about

Tampa, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2011
You seem very pasionate about the topic Nomo...it must be your period...need some canberry juice.

All I'm saying is a thirty year name, based on its positioning and leadership can bounce back. now your obviously not a fan of Icahn but the guy isnt a billionaire for making bad decisions.

If the company can avoid a chpt 7 they will recover. Also Nomo no one waits for anything, the 30 day advantage is huge. Once videos hit retail and sell, its less than 24hrs before you see Hi-Def rip's online, imagine what that will for Netflix's being 30 business days behind.

Oh yeah, your statment on lower income markets do not last in a struggleing economy...lol..really are going to stick with that one? Maybe you worded it wrong.

You made a good point though Icahn is a my way or the highway type, which is why when Blockbuster pissed him off because one of its CEO's filed suite. He pulled shares and there shareprice dropped from 0.18 to about0.10 helping push the company in a position where Chapt 11 is really no longer option, a sale is.

If Icahn buys the company they will do fine.
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#10 Feb 16, 2011
So let me get this straight...a company with almost no cash and an insurmountable amount of debt is being allowed to borrow more money despite horrific performance during December which usually brings in the most money for a business and this company still continues to operate? Honestly? Seriously?
Something to think about

Tampa, FL

#11 Feb 16, 2011
Yeah honestly and seriously it employs 40,000 people if it fails thats another 40,000 out of work. There is value in this company, it requires a bailout or a buyout to bring it back, as well as some serious competative stategy but it is possible. For example GM was in a similiar situation they at onepoint were valued at less than a dollar a share now there over 30.00

Also who is left to compete with Netflix if Blockbusters gone? Redbox isnt near that level; Amazon possibly but not likely. It could go either way. Like I said if they can avoid Chapter 7 and are bought they will do fine.
Something to think about

Tampa, FL

#12 Feb 16, 2011
In addition there are bids being placed to purchase blockbuster. As of who its just rumors but Im sure we'll here soon because on Feb 24 they have there chapt 7 hearing with Summitt in NY so if there going under that will be the day!

You can call me an idiot then!..lol
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#13 Feb 16, 2011
On that day, even I won't want to. Probably.
whats the deal

Fairbanks, AK

#14 Feb 18, 2011
well whats the deal.......... is bb closing all locations??? and when ????
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#15 Feb 18, 2011
Landlords are becoming less lenient as many are threatening Blockbuster with eviction if overdue rent is not paid at once.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38685300/ns/busin...
I also wonder

Pickerington, OH

#16 Feb 18, 2011
Like "Something to think about", I also wonder why "Nomo Blockbuster" is so passionate about the possible sale of Blockbuster Inc. Does Nomo work for or have stock in Netflix? All I see are opportunities to not only salvage some jobs for some blockbuster employees, but an opportunity for Netflix or Amazon. I think that Netflix better watch it if Amazon picks it up! Amazon has the online business savvy to turn the tables on Netflix. Especially with the 28 day new release advantage, the drop sites, and the cash from the sales of the brick and mortar.
4more Blockbuster

Pickerington, OH

#17 Feb 18, 2011
Sounds like Nomo blockbuster got Fired from Blockbuster.
When Blockbuster is sold it'll be in a great position to not only compete in the movie rental business but still have some stores and start to compete in the gameing accessories area also.Blockbuster will be getting new releases 1 month before netflix plus be doing video games through the mail unlike netflix.And have the rental boxes at gas stations.It would be Very dumb to liquidate a name brand still being used to discribe great movies"Its a Blockbuster Movie."
THE TARDS

Fairbanks, AK

#18 Feb 18, 2011
The tards keep send them movies... And not getting paid... Why do the studios keep sending BB movies?
is BB hocked up with retract?

and why are they still open?
Nomo Blockbuster

Valencia, CA

#19 Feb 19, 2011
Not fired, voluntarily quit. Blockbuster is not in any great position except one of liquidation. It's just a question of when the company will finally accept the truth that it's time is up.
Think for Once

Tualatin, OR

#20 Feb 20, 2011
Yeah Nomo what's the deal? Quit voluntarily? Sounds like someone's bitter. You provided an article that say's they haven't even pulled from the 120 million dollar loan they were awarded by the courts but say their time is up. Besides the article is nonsense through bankruptcy companies are protected from eviction's. I've been through a company that went through bankruptcy and had these problems and came out after in a much better position and grew. How about you go and call each employee that will be affected an laugh at there families if they have them or what not. Why not just root for high unemployment rates and a failing economy while your at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blockbuster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blockbuster to close McKinney distribution cent... (Mar '12) May 9 WarForOil 18
Flush that BIG BLUE TURD (Apr '11) Apr '16 dan 364
eye sore (Apr '14) Aug '14 Hollywood_would you 2
News Blockbuster to close all U.S. stores, end DVD b... (Nov '13) Nov '13 its about F-ING time 1
why is blockbuster open (Jun '11) Oct '13 JOE PISCIS 29
News Blockbuster closing two stores (Dec '09) Sep '13 Who me 28
blockbuster sucks (Aug '13) Aug '13 OMG JUST SHUT THE... 1
More from around the web