Branson battles BA tie-up

Aug 10, 2009 Read more: Daily Express 8

SIR RICHARD BRANSON is to take his battle against a proposed transatlantic tie-up between British Airways and American Airlines to the US House of Representatives next month.

Read more

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 10, 2009
I hope Sir Richard wins this one. A virtual merger between AA and BA will be disastrous.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#2 Aug 10, 2009
Oneworld in the only alliance without antitrust immunity to Europe.
so what

Washington, DC

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Prost wrote:
Oneworld in the only alliance without antitrust immunity to Europe.
Exactly that SO WHAT. Monoply is a monoply. Look at the US LHR markets served by the two of them. Or maybe it is moot point for London will soon be relic replaced by PEK, PVG, DEL, BOM, SEL, GRU. Europe is going to be bye bye and Asia is in
TULAARETIRED

Tulsa, OK

#4 Aug 11, 2009
Could it be that Delta/Northworst is encouraging His Lord Richard Branson to stir up the pot so they can continue their love affair over the Atlantic now they are courting each other over the Pacific with the Delta/Northwest Virgin Blue engagement.

Virgin Blue Overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_Blue

Delta/Virgin Blue to and within Australia:
http://business.theage.com.au/business/singap...

SOMETHING to watch very carefully!

“aka know it all”

Since: Feb 09

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 11, 2009
This has been going on for many years, 15 years ago Virgin had No way BA AA painted on the side of his 747s. I do like sir Richard but he is wrong. This could one day cost him, His hatred for for BA runs deep. Several years ago he sold half of Virgin Atlantic to Singapore airlines just to spite BA .This openend up LHR TO SINGAPORE AND VIRGIN. BA was forced to open up LHR and concede several slots this year by new Eu law (1st part of open skys) This has cost BA deerly. Hopefully they can make it up when part two of the open sky treaty begins, This gives EU carriers the freedom too fly within the USA. BA AND AA should just do what virgin did and sell a50% stake too each other. Of corse i know this wont fly, but i do wish BA AA all the luck.
TULAARETIRED

Tulsa, OK

#6 Aug 12, 2009
Sir Richard is pointing fingers at AA/BA and now he is setting his sites on DFW and ATL. As I said yesterday watch these moves as there is a bigger plan in the works.

I wonder if Delta/Northworst are having back room discussions with Sir Richard to re-enter the DFW market that Delta abandoned and go after the trans-atlantic market from JFK and ATL to fight a AA/BA agreement?
so what

Washington, DC

#7 Aug 13, 2009
TULAARETIRED wrote:
Sir Richard is pointing fingers at AA/BA and now he is setting his sites on DFW and ATL. As I said yesterday watch these moves as there is a bigger plan in the works.
I wonder if Delta/Northworst are having back room discussions with Sir Richard to re-enter the DFW market that Delta abandoned and go after the trans-atlantic market from JFK and ATL to fight a AA/BA agreement?
What you are talking is a few routes. That is peanuts compared to thew monoply BA AA pose
TULAARETIRED

Tulsa, OK

#8 Aug 13, 2009
so what wrote:
<quoted text> What you are talking is a few routes. That is peanuts compared to thew monoply BA AA pose
So What.......

We are not talking about a few routes. I suspect that Virgin and Delta have something up their sleeves to create an international and domestic network to counter an AA/BA agreement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

British Airways Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What does US think of airline security? (Oct '10) Feb '15 Tourist 3
News What we're reading: Oneworld backs AA, airline ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Prost 1
News BA may buy key stake in American Airlines to bl... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Prost 14
News BA parent considering a bid for American Airlines (Mar '12) Mar '12 OldCapt 1
News Hopes rise for end to BA strike (May '11) May '11 OldCapt 1
News Hopes rise for BA crew peace deal (Apr '11) Apr '11 confused one 1
News British Airways cabin crew begin 5-day strike (May '10) Oct '10 brayden thomas 4
More from around the web