BA boss: Airline industry in crisis

Sep 21, 2008 Full story: Daily Express

The airline industry is in its deepest crisis since the age of mass air transport began in the 1970s, British Airways chief executive Willie Walsh has said.

Full Story
zoom

New York, NY

#1 Sep 21, 2008
there will always be an airline....just as there's always a bus. If airlines keep going under it's not our problem it's the management problem of the airline. Why does everyone fight to keep an airline alive but not a train line or bus line? It's transportation and it doesn't have a soul!
4th Airline

Canada

#2 Sep 21, 2008
zoom wrote:
there will always be an airline....just as there's always a bus. If airlines keep going under it's not our problem it's the management problem of the airline. Why does everyone fight to keep an airline alive but not a train line or bus line? It's transportation and it doesn't have a soul!
No, airlines don't have souls but the employees of those airlines do have souls and when they all lose their jobs, there is a ripple effect in the economy, as other support service companies are downsized....and many more souls end up unemployed....And remember, all those souls will eventually find employment with new airlines BUT now, at starting wages which are the same or only slightly more than they were 20 years ago....really nice after 20 years of constantly upgrading your skills and re-training every year...not to mention your dedication to your profession....I'm glad that they at least attempt to save SOME of these airlines

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#3 Sep 21, 2008
It's the recognition of the obvious by the HMFIC, that keeps him rich and employed. I can tell you as a mere ramp worker I was oblivious to the state of my work place. Coming soon, BA announces, that "Wow the A-380 is big."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

British Airways Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What we're reading: Oneworld backs AA, airline ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Prost 1
BA may buy key stake in American Airlines to bl... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Prost 14
BA parent considering a bid for American Airlines (Mar '12) Mar '12 OldCapt 1
Hopes rise for end to BA strike (May '11) May '11 OldCapt 1
Hopes rise for BA crew peace deal (Apr '11) Apr '11 confused one 1
British Airways cabin crew begin 5-day strike (May '10) Oct '10 brayden thomas 4
What does US think of airline security? (Oct '10) Oct '10 TSAsux 2
•••

British Airways People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••