Airlines: passengers should give seat...

Airlines: passengers should give seats to stranded

There are 2 comments on the WABC story from Apr 25, 2010, titled Airlines: passengers should give seats to stranded. In it, WABC reports that:

Airlines appealed to passengers to give up their seats to stranded travelers Saturday, as carriers across Europe attempted to clear a backlog of thousands of tourists grounded by the ash cloud spewed from Iceland's volcano.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WABC.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 25, 2010
Airlines appealed to passengers to give up their seats to stranded travelers
Um, how about a better definition of "give" first?

Passenger 'A' buys a fare and gets stuck in some foreign country. I buy a fare and am waiting for my departure day._I'M_ supposed to 'give' my seat to passenger 'A' and buy myself another one (the article does not make this entirely clear, and I'm taking this as-presented)?

Um...go to hell, airlines?
Pam Ann

Stockton, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2010
if you've ever been on an overbooked flight
the airline asks for volunteers with flexible travel plans to give up their seat to accomodate the oversale in exchange for vouchers, hotel, etc.
Same thing here, they are solicting for travelers with bookings today to give up their seats to accomodate people who couldn't get out last week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

British Airways Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What does US think of airline security? (Oct '10) Feb '15 Tourist 3
News What we're reading: Oneworld backs AA, airline ... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Prost 1
News BA may buy key stake in American Airlines to bl... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Prost 14
News BA parent considering a bid for American Airlines (Mar '12) Mar '12 OldCapt 1
News Hopes rise for end to BA strike (May '11) May '11 OldCapt 1
News Hopes rise for BA crew peace deal (Apr '11) Apr '11 confused one 1
News British Airways cabin crew begin 5-day strike (May '10) Oct '10 brayden thomas 4
More from around the web