Credit Card Practices Denounced

Credit Card Practices Denounced

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 4, 2007, titled Credit Card Practices Denounced. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Congress is renewing its scrutiny of the credit card industry, as some lawmakers denounce the practice of raising customers' interest rates when their credit scores decline, even if they make their card ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Snap

Arlington Heights, IL

#1 Dec 4, 2007
About time
Restore Usury Laws

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2007
The problem started during the Carter Administration when Washington opted to over rule state usury laws.
commander guy

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#3 Dec 4, 2007
What is the problem??? A robust credit card industry is vcry good for the economy. You people just don't have access to the intelligence that I do, that's all...hey, isn't 'mercin idol on?
Noughway Hoesay

Northbrook, IL

#4 Dec 4, 2007
commander guy wrote:
What is the problem??? A robust credit card industry is vcry good for the economy. You people just don't have access to the intelligence that I do, that's all...hey, isn't 'mercin idol on?
Not good when people can get credit at the drop of a hat and yet cannot control their own spending.

Not good when the credit card companys can raise their exorbitant interest rates at their whimsy or for one late payment.

The economy needs credit but responsible credit from the creditors and the users of that credit
Bill R

Gig Harbor, WA

#7 Jan 14, 2008
mireille wrote:
FOR A GIRL
However, before the death of my late father he asked me to move down to Abidjan with some important documents where he deposited the cash sum of ($4.500.000.000 Million US Dollars) in a Bank here in Abidjan for security of the documents covering the deposit of this money.
I was addviced by my father to keep this documents very well in case if any sudden death that I should use this documents for the claim of this money from the bank. My Father told me that he used my name as next of kin in depositing this money and it is display in the documents.
Unfortunately, My father was involved in the victim and died. Now I have been in Cote D'Ivoire for years seeking for asylum, No trusted one to meet for recovering this money that is why I contact you for help in recovering this money from the bank for investment use.
Further direction and details about the deposit will be given to you as soon as I get your response expressing your interest to help me. in addition I am inclined to offer you a reasonable percentage from the total sum as a mode of compensation for your effort after the successful transferring of these fund to your nominated account overseas.
Waiting For Your Urgent Reply
Thanks
Yours Faithfully
Miss Mireille Baker.
Congratulations on attempting to use the internet
for another scam.

That's my urgent reply,

Bill R.
Bill R

Gig Harbor, WA

#8 Jan 14, 2008
So much time and energy is spent frothing about
the I.R.S. and federal income taxes, but the fact
is that millions of middle class and poor Americans
would benefit much, much more if the law put a
cap on credit card rates along the lines of
"prime + percentage."

Example: If you have a credit card debt of
$5,000 and are paying 24%, you are paying $100
a month in interest.

If that interest rate were prime plus, let us
say, 10%... that interest rate would drop to
around 15%, a savings of $450 per year if the
balance held steady.
memo

New York, NY

#9 Jan 14, 2008
mireille wrote:
FOR A GIRL
However, before the death of my late father he asked me to move down to Abidjan with some important documents where he deposited the cash sum of ($4.500.000.000 Million US Dollars) in a Bank here in Abidjan for security of the documents covering the deposit of this money.
I was addviced by my father to keep this documents very well in case if any sudden death that I should use this documents for the claim of this money from the bank. My Father told me that he used my name as next of kin in depositing this money and it is display in the documents.
Unfortunately, My father was involved in the victim and died. Now I have been in Cote D'Ivoire for years seeking for asylum, No trusted one to meet for recovering this money that is why I contact you for help in recovering this money from the bank for investment use.
Further direction and details about the deposit will be given to you as soon as I get your response expressing your interest to help me. in addition I am inclined to offer you a reasonable percentage from the total sum as a mode of compensation for your effort after the successful transferring of these fund to your nominated account overseas.
Waiting For Your Urgent Reply
Thanks
Yours Faithfully
Miss Mireille Baker.
you should contact with FBI and I believe they could help you on this.
Eugenie

London, UK

#10 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bank of America Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Account closed Dec 2 Marksisemore 1
woolfie Nov 18 austin 1
Internet Banking for web based account management. Nov 8 Anonymous 1
News Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07) Oct '16 Devil Emoji Cheever 89
News Bank of America Says Obama's Refinancing-Plan D... (Dec '11) Oct '16 The Negro Cheever... 13
Raising credit line Oct '16 Ethanwich 1
News Convicted Felon Found Guilty of Armed Bank Robb... (Jun '09) Sep '16 Bang bang 3
More from around the web