Is your money safe in Checking/Saving accounts at Bank of America?
Posted in the Bank of America Forum
#1 Nov 1, 2012
I recently have a very bad experience that has severely damaged my confidence level at BOA.
1. On 01-Oct-2012 (Mon)– I went to a BOA Banking Center and deposited a check in my savings account. My Online Banking identified my deposit as “In process”.
2. 02-Oct-2012 (Tue)– Interestingly, my deposit transaction MYSTERIOUSLY dis-appeared from the savings account (checked through online banking).
3. 3-4 Oct-2012 (Wed-Thu)– Periodically logged on to Online Banking various times, hoping the missing transaction would appear as credit, but no luck.
4. 05-Oct-2012 (Fri)– Went again to the Banking Center (same where I deposited my check) and inquired the teller about the missing transaction but she was not able to locate it.
- Banking Center Manager requested me to accompany him to his office. He tried to find the specific transaction but no avail. The manager noted down my contact information and promised to research the issue.
- In about 90 minutes, manager called my cell phone and informed me that he was able to locate the missing transaction. He also mentioned that my account would be credited overnight and the issue is due to the processing error.
I urge all of you to re-check your recent deposits at BOA. The “Too Big To Fail” bank has invented another way to steal money from its customers.
#2 Nov 11, 2012
I guess not everyone is perfect like you....having never made a mistake and all. I am so tired of people complaining about companies and the way they are trying to "steal" from us. If consumers were not always in such a rush, and would not complain about having to wait in line for a few minutes there would be less errors made.
Note I said less errors made, we are all human and we all make errors no matter how hard we try not to. So remember that next time you are the one that has to get it fixed...think of all the times you did not have an error...I would bet that the number of correct transactions, far outnumber the incorrect ones....
#3 Nov 12, 2012
Obviously you are an employee of BOA
#4 Jan 15, 2013
Well, I am not an employee of BOA and am a retired 73 year old man who is beholden to no-one. I agree with the comments about your making a mistake. BOA is not trying to steal your money. If you make a mistake and cause something to happen more slowly than normal, does that mean you are stealing ?? Your judgments are very harsh with regards to corporations. I suggest you just try to find a bank that has never made a mistake. Like you, they are not perfect.
#5 Jan 16, 2013
I understand no one is perfect. I would love to see your reaction if your hard earned money dis-appears from your account.
Add your comments below
|Bank of America and Walgreens Most Active Stock... (Jun '12)||Apr 16||Cheever The Jester||19|
|Exxon Mobil Report Fuels Panic on Street (Jul '07)||Jan '16||Human||84|
|online account (Sep '15)||Sep '15||amado||1|
|Home Equity (Aug '15)||Aug '15||Jay||1|
|Atm freezes right after deposit (Aug '15)||Aug '15||Krnjin||1|
|Bank of America Draft (Dec '14)||Jul '15||derekdrudge||2|
|Closed accounts (Jun '15)||Jun '15||Jaimes||1|
Find what you want!
Search Bank of America Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC