The Best We Can Expect

The residents of south-central Myrtle Beach are once again grappling with the central fact about the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control: The agency is not an environmental guardian protecting ... Full Story
FYI

Columbia, SC

#1 Aug 27, 2008
Several posts on your site recently have noted past violations of a certain industry of interest in the MB community. It may interest you to know that the state agency that permits industry (DHEC) has proposed on numerous occasions in the past, legislation that would allow past compliance issues to factor in to permitting decisions. Similar legislation has been proposed by Sen. Phil Leventis of Sumter and others. Known as "bad boy" bills, all were vehemently opposed by the business community, the state chamber of commerce and the politicians they support through their well funded PAC's.
Maybe you should ask some of the Horry delegation how they voted on these proposals.
Lags

AOL

#2 Aug 27, 2008
This is a sorry state of affairs..SC is in need of immediate, new set of regulations, to protect it's people. Not only will this hurt tourism, but future growth as well. Many will exit the area..Protect our children. Stop this TOXICITY NOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avx Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farming town demands answers on birth defects (Dec '09) Jan '11 beat reporter 2
Wyo. community blames fracking for water woes (Sep '09) Sep '09 ActiveForPeace 1
Drive AVX Out of MB? (Aug '08) Mar '09 YOU ASK FOR THIS 2
AVX under fire for air, water pollution (Oct '08) Oct '08 Streets 88 2
AVX pollution not in community's interest (Sep '08) Sep '08 Chillaxative 27
Toxic Combo (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sun News is Biased 13
AVX pulls permit request (Aug '08) Aug '08 who_me 7
More from around the web