Create indent in sheet metal

Posted in the Autodesk Forum

James Niekrasz

Musselburgh, UK

#1 Jul 20, 2006
hi
i've got a 1.5mm thick piece of sheet matal. behind it is an ali block with a M5 hole which has been chamfered 2mm. i want to indent the sheet metal to sit inside the chamfer so that when its bolted the bolt is flush with the sheet matal surface
kpip

Chester Springs, PA

#2 Feb 24, 2011
I have copper sheet metal that I have cut into leaves (like a tree) for a wind sculpture. I need technique or tool to form the vaines of the leaf.
Hydrocal

United States

#3 Aug 26, 2014
kpip wrote:
I have copper sheet metal that I have cut into leaves (like a tree) for a wind sculpture. I need technique or tool to form the vaines of the leaf.
Different size steel or iron wire (harder than the material your using) can be pounded into the copper for indent with hammer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Autodesk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gridscape Series by Coastal Shower Doors Ranks ... Oct '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Maker Faire Bay Area 2013 Speaker Line Up to Fe... (May '13) May '13 RaspberryPI 1
Earnings Preview: Adobe Systems Reports Q3 Earn... (Sep '12) Sep '12 andreaa 1
Splunk Rises on Narrower Loss Than Expected; Fo... (Sep '12) Sep '12 NIKE FU 1
Profit falls 9.3% at Autodesk; staff cuts planned (Aug '12) Aug '12 no suprise 2
Process piping design and engineering using Aut... (Jan '06) Jul '12 Imran 54
Bartz fired as CEO of Web firm Yahoo (Sep '11) Sep '11 homo erectus 1

Autodesk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE