Voice your opinion about Austin pets ...

Voice your opinion about Austin pets killed

There are 4 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 3, 2012, titled Voice your opinion about Austin pets killed. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

It was brought to my attention Austin Pets Alive plans to permanently take over Town Lake Animal Center upon approval of their request after the Animal Advisory Commission meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Austinite

Austin, TX

#1 Mar 4, 2012
The more the merrier, anything to save my tax dollars. I love animals so do not get me wrong but I am all about killing them if they do not get adopted in short order.
I am totally against my tax dollars being used to house and otherwise care for non Austin animals. If someone wants to take in animlas from another city then they need to care for them out of their pocket and not try to pass the cost onto me and other Austin taxpayers.
Personally speaking dog is good eating, is the little known white meat. Cat is gross and fit only for catfish bait, no pun intended.
Dirtywhitetrash

Del Rio, TX

#2 Mar 19, 2012
They r animals people, get over it. Get a life and juice em up.
El Cid

Austin, TX

#3 Mar 26, 2012
Personally I am all for killing the strays. Take their bodies, along with any roadkill and toss them into the furnaces of the local power plants. At least we would get some sort of benefit out of it, electricity.
Sweden has been doing this for several years now with their expolsion of rabbits, they have been poisoning them in the wild by the millions and using them for fuel to generate electricity.
Chuggaboom

Austin, TX

#4 Mar 31, 2012
Tired of my tax dollars going to this rubbish, If the animal is not adopted in a week then kill it. If these do good organizations want to be no kill then they need to keep their hands out of my wallet and pay for it themselves.
Dog is actually good eating but I prefer deer, or beef myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Affordable new option for solar power launches ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jon 4
News How Austin Energy's rate increase will affect you (Jun '12) Jun '12 Solarman 1
News As City Council gets set to vote on electric ra... (May '12) Jun '12 Solarman 8
News Trickle down of electric rates; Our power over ... (Jan '12) Feb '12 El Cid 2
More from around the web