Gay group to march in NYC St. Patrick...

Gay group to march in NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade

There are 36 comments on the The Tribune story from Sep 3, 2014, titled Gay group to march in NYC St. Patrick's Day Parade. In it, The Tribune reports that:

Organizers of the world's largest St. Patrick's Day Parade say they're ending a ban and allowing a gay group to march under its own banner for the first time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wilmich

Germany

#1 Sep 3, 2014
The militant homosexual Nazi regime has finally taken over the St. Patrick Day Parade now.

Absolutely disgusting.
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#2 Sep 3, 2014
Wilmich wrote:
The militant homosexual Nazi regime has finally taken over the St. Patrick Day Parade now.
Absolutely disgusting.
The only Nazis are people who think like you. And you always have the option of not going to the Parade.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#3 Sep 3, 2014
Wilmich wrote:
The militant homosexual Nazi regime has finally taken over the St. Patrick Day Parade now.
Absolutely disgusting.
So being included and allowed to march means that the gays have "taken over" the entire parade???? Overreact much, dear??

Don't worry. You can cover your face with your skirts and shriek with horror as the mean old gays march by. They'll be expecting it anyway.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#4 Sep 3, 2014
The parade will be in accordance with church teachings. They won't be able to express 'gay pride.'
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 3, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So being included and allowed to march means that the gays have "taken over" the entire parade???? Overreact much, dear??
Don't worry. You can cover your face with your skirts and shriek with horror as the mean old gays march by. They'll be expecting it anyway.
LOL!!!!!!
Gufinson

Netherlands

#6 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The parade will be in accordance with church teachings. They won't be able to express 'gay pride.'
That's a relief to know!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#7 Sep 3, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
So being included and allowed to march means that the gays have "taken over" the entire parade????
They were always included. They marched as men and women, part of society.
Looks like they will march this way again but they will be allowed a sign. It's fascinating to see gays fighting for 'equality' and then look for ways to make themselves unequal. Hilarious.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#8 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
The parade will be in accordance with church teachings. They won't be able to express 'gay pride.'
Well, they ARE Catholic, after all. What's to be proud of?

And don't kid yourself, dear. If the parade was really concerned about "church teachings," they wouldn't have crumbled so quickly when their sponsors started taking all their money away. This is about cash flow, plain and simple. If it was about church teachings, the gays would still be out, even if the oldest St. Patrick's Day Parade in the country were to fold up and cease operations as a result.

The Catholic Church itself is a perfect example of that. They refuse to change with the times and they continue to demonize just about everyone. As a result, their numbers are steadily declining, especially within their own clergy. They've accumulated enough wealth that they'll be able to continue on like this for maybe even another few hundred years, but unless they can start preaching something that the people want to hear, their lengthy decline into nonexistence has already begun.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9 Sep 3, 2014
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, they ARE Catholic, after all. What's to be proud of?
And don't kid yourself, dear. If the parade was really concerned about "church teachings," they wouldn't have crumbled so quickly when their sponsors started taking all their money away. This is about cash flow, plain and simple. If it was about church teachings, the gays would still be out, even if the oldest St. Patrick's Day Parade in the country were to fold up and cease operations as a result.
The Catholic Church itself is a perfect example of that. They refuse to change with the times and they continue to demonize just about everyone. As a result, their numbers are steadily declining, especially within their own clergy. They've accumulated enough wealth that they'll be able to continue on like this for maybe even another few hundred years, but unless they can start preaching something that the people want to hear, their lengthy decline into nonexistence has already begun.
Bottom line here, they will have to behave and act like everyday normal people.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#10 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line here, they will have to behave and act like everyday normal people.
Of course. There was never a question about that. Fear that they would not act like everyday people was never a question for the parade organizers: The gay groups would readily have agreed to any reasonable restriction on dress or behavior.

It was always about discrimination.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 Sep 3, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. There was never a question about that. Fear that they would not act like everyday people was never a question for the parade organizers: The gay groups would readily have agreed to any reasonable restriction on dress or behavior.
It was always about discrimination.
I've never been to a gay pride parade but they make into the media. They should be discriminated against. Borderline obscene for many, outright obscene for most. Why isn't just marching good enough? Why does sexual orientation have to take center stage with homosexuals? Not happy with just being a person?

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#13 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been to a gay pride parade but they make into the media. They should be discriminated against. Borderline obscene for many, outright obscene for most. Why isn't just marching good enough? Why does sexual orientation have to take center stage with homosexuals? Not happy with just being a person?
Generations of mistreatment, harassment, physical and verbal attacks have to be countered in some way. Just look at the first post in this thread to see a tiny bit of the treatment we still get by many people. That and ignorant people like you who want us to go back in the closet. Ain't going to happen.

No one is forcing you to deal with gays and lesbians. You're the one who comes here to show your hatred and ignorance. Don't like it, leave. Otherwise STFU!

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#14 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line here, they will have to behave and act like everyday normal people.
Hey Troll, I have been to more than enough events that were either LGBT or non-LGBT and it is my bet that then LGBT group will be the best behaved there, you and your ilk could learn a lot from us.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#15 Sep 3, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Generations of mistreatment, harassment, physical and verbal attacks have to be countered in some way. Just look at the first post in this thread to see a tiny bit of the treatment we still get by many people. That and ignorant people like you who want us to go back in the closet. Ain't going to happen.
No one is forcing you to deal with gays and lesbians. You're the one who comes here to show your hatred and ignorance. Don't like it, leave. Otherwise STFU!
Did your ever stop and think that your arrogance is being met with arrogance?
Countering attacks by wearing dog masks and being walked down a main street on a leash counters the abuse you've suffered? Having men in pink shorts with cucumbers stuffed in them gyrate on a float proves you deserve respect? Where is the pride?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#16 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom line here, they will have to behave and act like everyday normal people.
Are you assuming they wouldn't?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#17 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never been to a gay pride parade but they make into the media. They should be discriminated against. Borderline obscene for many, outright obscene for most. Why isn't just marching good enough? Why does sexual orientation have to take center stage with homosexuals? Not happy with just being a person?
If you've never been to a gay pride parade, you shouldn't be judging them. As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#18 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your ever stop and think that your arrogance is being met with arrogance?
Countering attacks by wearing dog masks and being walked down a main street on a leash counters the abuse you've suffered? Having men in pink shorts with cucumbers stuffed in them gyrate on a float proves you deserve respect? Where is the pride?
From the expert who's never seen a Pride Parade! A classic!
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Sep 3, 2014
"they will march this way again but they will be allowed a sign. It's fascinating to see gays fighting for 'equality' and then look for ways to make themselves unequal"

Many other groups in the parade carry identifying signs.

You're merely mentally ill.
Ted Haggard s Masseur

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Sep 3, 2014
"If you've never been to a gay pride parade, you shouldn't be judging them."

Now, now, in fairness he is within his rights to extrapolate at least a little bit from his boothstore experiences.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#21 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your ever stop and think that your arrogance is being met with arrogance?
Countering attacks by wearing dog masks and being walked down a main street on a leash counters the abuse you've suffered? Having men in pink shorts with cucumbers stuffed in them gyrate on a float proves you deserve respect? Where is the pride?
That may have happened at some parades somewhere, but it is certainly not typical. You spend hours and hours digging through the propaganda produced by others who--like Porno Pete--who highlight the most outrageous things they can find. They promote snippets of a parade as if it were representative of the entire parade, and further claim that all gay events are like that everywhere in the world.

Of course, that fits your anti-gay world view, so you lap up and savor their propaganda. You, of course, never bothered to drive on hour into Boston to find out whether Boston's Pride Parade sports men in dog masks.[That's more of an IML or Fulsom Street Fair, thing, by the way. Those are private events which you will have to pay to attend if you want to satisfy your prurient curiosity.]

At any rate, gay groups attend thousands of events besides Pride, just as people from New Orleans hold thousands of events other than Mardi Gras, Southern Decadence, and Halloween. Does every event in New Orleans involve bare-breasted women and men playing peek-a-boo with their private parts?[Mardi Gras is mostly straight men and women, btw.] So there's no need to worry that gay people will mistake the St. Patrick's Parade as a time for gay debauchery. It is merely a time for Irish debauchery, and there's already more than enough of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Associated Press Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Florida woman wins $590.5m Powerball jackpot (May '13) Thu Flea your povery 136
News Bloomberg to world leaders: Ignore Trump on cli... Thu Frogface Kate 53
News Trump might not sign spending bill if no fundin... Apr 23 uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 14
News Idaho Senator John McGee Has Resigned Over Sexu... (Feb '12) Apr 21 Slick Willie Oreilly 10
News 2nd Circuit allows sex bias suit based on gay s... Apr 21 Robin Hood 15
News Donald Trump moves ahead with plans for tax cut... Mar '17 Monsantos Mexico 2
News Ivana Trump writing memoir about her children w... Mar '17 Canuck stay home 1
More from around the web