New Athens police chief charged with stealing iPod, iPad from evidence room

Nov 5, 2012 Full story: Belleville News Democrat 14

New Athens Policer Chief Dallas W. Hill has been charged three felony counts in connection with allegedly improperly removing electronic entertainment devices from the evidence room for his own use.

Full Story
a friend

Waterloo, IL

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Wonder who will be the next chief hope not time again I think chuck wilson or tery hamm at least both of them dont lie or steal think about that mayor
a friend a

Waterloo, IL

#5 Nov 6, 2012
Well if the mayor puts tim back as chief then with his 2 dui means he can drive drunk anywhere so mayor you choose who you want just think bwfore hire anyone as chief
who needs police lover

United States

#8 Nov 7, 2012
who needs police anyway wrote:
I mean that to
id jus love to meet u
who needs police lover

United States

#10 Nov 8, 2012
who needs police anyway wrote:
<quoted text> You already have dumbass
i can say 100%that i haven't lets meet
NA resident

United States

#11 Nov 8, 2012
You guys really need to check out Gary Kerns you noses step daughters selling weed out of this house out of her house and Tim is having sex with K wacker on back roads call when we can forget about Terry somebody needs a drug test him and searches house
NA resident

United States

#12 Nov 8, 2012
who needs police lover wrote:
<quoted text>i can say 100%that i haven't lets meet
you must be 1 of them dumbass individual better on pills smoking weed selling weed on mad or something
Me for President - 2016

Alton, IL

#13 Nov 8, 2012
People should spend their time doing more productive things than talking about situations and people they know nothing about!!! Go volunteer somewhere instead of sitting around posting idiotic comments!!! If I ran for President, I would deport all of the ignorant people in this country!
420 A Way Of Life

Sparta, IL

#15 Nov 9, 2012
NA resident wrote:
<quoted text> you must be 1 of them dumbass individual better on pills smoking weed selling weed on mad or something
Lets say "Joe Bullshit" is an EMT and worked 12 hrs today and spent 25 min of that time giving CPR to a girl who was in a 1050 thats clearly not gonna make it but he has to. Then, 4 hrs later into his shift, he has to do the same exact thing again. Tell me ur gonna fuck with that dude for wanting to smoke just a hit or 3 of goody good when he gets home from that shift.
Weed is perfectly fine as long as its taken just like anything else; in moderation. is it cool for Joe Bullshit to be smokin a j in the ambulance, maybe not. but if the mans keepin a roof over his families head, keepin them feed and causing no trouble for anyone, who the FUCK is anyone to judge that guy as a piece of shit weed head. give me 1000 potheads driving 25 down Spotslvania before 1 jackoff leaving the bullpen having consumed as many man-sodas as his buddies did, even tho his buddies outweigh him by 200lbs...
420 A Way Of Life

Sparta, IL

#16 Nov 10, 2012
G Kearns is about as clean as the tissue that had Anna Nichole Smiths vomit all over it the day she OD'd. i think we all can agree on that if you've ever met the man
Spunkie1

Edwardsville, IL

#19 Nov 25, 2012
They really should bring a chief from outside that police department to bring back the integrity to it
Well

Saint Peters, MO

#20 Nov 28, 2012
They tried that once or twice and since the person "was not from here", no one liked them and they left. All the local-yocals want a "bubba" that they think they have some pull over. When someone comes in to clean it up, the people get mad when their kids start getting busted for DWI and drugs and the parents get arrested for the same. They get what the deserve out there.

Since: Dec 11

United States

#21 Nov 29, 2012
Local police are local criminals. One way out "outlaw local police".
Outsider

Saint Charles, MO

#25 Jan 10, 2013
Reading some of these posts make me realize that most people never grow up.... I don't know any of these people, I don't even know where this town is... I stumbled apon this feed in search for a topic for a recent assignment...

So let me get this straight.... You people are mad because you broke the law and got caught... It's not the police officers fault that laws are made to be followed and police officers are paid to make sure laws are not broken. It's no secret, laws are written in black and white to be followed! When you break the law it is a given that there's a chance that you could be caught! Give the guy a break! He made a life changing mistake.... Undoubtably by mistake... The first thing that came to my my mind when I read this was... If I worked at toys r us I would for sure play with every toy that I could! Usually if someone is committing a crime they try to hide it... The officer obviously didn't feel he was in the wrong, that alone says a lot! I've always said "I'd rather be oblivious on accident, than a liar on purpose"! It's sad that most good deeds go unnoticed but accidents are highlighted... With that I'd like to ask all of you educated people a question... How many of you, learn something new every single day?.. Yes, as professionals at any job, we should know our boundaries like the back of our hand... Reality is that most people don't master their trade by the time they retire, we're only human! Mistakes are made... just like the time you caught a break, didn't get a ticket as you were speeding and didn't realize it.... We are all here for 1 thing... We are here to create, and ensure a good future for our loved ones. Pointing out and dwelling on the petty drama that will never amount to anything is just going to enable us to miss important things that need Attention. As we start the new year it would be nice to see communities use these forums for appreciative comments instead of all the negativity. If a person has a legit issue he/she should file a report or complaint, the rest is just drama.... All the bullying issues in schools start with parents/ guardians/ role models who project opinions like these. It's disappointing to see all the low blows made toward the officer. when our communities shut down at night it's our police officers watch our homes as we sleep. I for one would not want that job.... Low pay, awful hours, not to mention 9 times out of 10 they encounter bad attitudes and uncooperative behavior! Not that I expect a change from my post but, just like the rest of us law enforcement needs a break here and there. It would be nice to see a community pull together and support each other instead of all the hurtful words being exchanged. Good luck to the NAPD and the officer who made a mistake, maybe some day people will understand the true meaning of pay it forward and will stop dwelling on all the unnecessary drama!

~ hopeing to prove a point without insulting anyone!
o so wrong

Sparta, IL

#26 Jan 11, 2013
if a man spits in your face you turn into 1 of 2 different people: the dude who responds with words either angry or otherwise or the dude who straight up swings on the guy. if you've ever met dallas hill he may not have actually spat on you, but you will feel like he did. he deserves every bit of agony he has coming his way from whatever source, im sure its not from here but if so justice served. maybe it would be hard for u to understand but try to envision the worst bully you've ever seen from you childhood. a guy that either bullied you or u seen bully others. then picture that dude with a badge years later, but the same attitude towards life, living in a town with 1800 people, no mcdonalds, 1 gas station that closes at 11pm, after that its a ghost town outside the 2 taverns that close at 2pm. bad news man this guy is just bad trust me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Trivia Crack', 'Five Nights at Freddy's 2' the... Dec 21 Mistik321 2
Apple Pay Catching On Fast, Poses Threat To PayPal Dec 20 merchantdiscountrate 2
An Independent PayPal Must Fend Off Apple, Alipay Dec 13 Philip Cohen 1
25 Best Steve Jobs Quotes Dec 9 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Apple vs. Samsung: Patent war reaches key appea... Dec 3 Andarz Abedini 1
Amazon's Tablet Strategy Appears to Pay Off as ... Dec 1 sarah888 2
5 Best Android Phones To Buy This Holiday Seaso... Nov '14 howardjhonson 1
More from around the web