Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

There are 208 comments on the blogs.wsj.com story from Aug 24, 2011, titled Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO. In it, blogs.wsj.com reports that:

PRESS RELEASE: Letter from Steve Jobs

August 24, 2011–To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at blogs.wsj.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#1 Aug 24, 2011
Hopefully Apple survives.
wow

Covington, VA

#2 Aug 24, 2011
Oh who will they have now to push expensive SH.T that no one needs???
McIntyre

Shreveport, LA

#3 Aug 24, 2011
So sad. I wish him all the best. I have enjoyed his innovation and leadership of Apple since 1986. Apple will continue to be a great and innovative company I'm sure.
reddog

Saint Francisville, LA

#4 Aug 24, 2011
no more ipads have to go back to handheld chalkboards.

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#5 Aug 24, 2011
Thank Steve Jobs, for everything you have done to move humanity forward, make life better, and improve us through technology. Mac user since 2009. I know, late in the game, but as fervent as the gray-beards!!!!

But more importantly, thanks for showing the winbloze fans that USING A COMPUTER SHOULD NOT AND DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED!!!!
pmchilcote

Nipomo, CA

#6 Aug 24, 2011
If Steve Jobs cancer has reoccured either pancreatic or liver his advisors should be in contact with one of six Proton Beam Therapy Centers for treatment.
Loma Linda University Hospital offers excellent treatment using Proton Beam Therapy on certain cancers.

Doctors in the San Francisco Bay Area are not informed when it comes to the
alternative radiation treatment for some cancers and tumors. Proton Beam Therapy centers are having wonderful results for all types of Cancer.

Best wishes to Steve Jobs and his family.
Draw the line

Coos Bay, OR

#7 Aug 24, 2011
Best of health to Steve Jobs! My family thanks him for his innovations and what he's brought to the world of technology! Technology is a double edge sword! As for now it has improved our lives and we're not slaves to the product unless we choose to be! God bless you Steve!

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#8 Aug 24, 2011
Breaking news!!!

99% of America doesn't GAF.

The 1% that do GAF think they are smarter than the other 99% because they pay absurdly inflated prices because they think it makes them cooler than the next guy.

Incidentally, most of them incessantly rail against "the corporations" and bitch about how much CEOs get paid. This diseased fruitcake gets a free pass though since he is their dope man.
Crinolines

West Point, MS

#9 Aug 24, 2011
I love my Apple products! Thank you, Steve, for your innovation and leadership. My grandchild (age 2) would agree as he loves his "myPad."

Best wishes!
pirate popo

Santa Clara, CA

#10 Aug 25, 2011
all hail Master of the Cook (Tim)!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#11 Aug 25, 2011
fair_guy wrote:
Thank Steve Jobs, for everything you have done to move humanity forward, make life better, and improve us through technology. Mac user since 2009. I know, late in the game, but as fervent as the gray-beards!!!!
But more importantly, thanks for showing the winbloze fans that USING A COMPUTER SHOULD NOT AND DOES NOT HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED!!!!
Only moron AOL types that still use Comic Sans font found computers complicated.
tobac

Melbourne, Australia

#12 Aug 25, 2011
Thanks Steve for a great range of products over the years. I started with Apple 2+. Disappointed to read several negative blogs. Their ignorance shows why the world is the way it is. No one has to buy Apple but they don't get to where they are without engineering excellence. All of my friends and grand kids are now changing.

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#13 Aug 25, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
Breaking news!!!
99% of America doesn't GAF.
The 1% that do GAF think they are smarter than the other 99% because they pay absurdly inflated prices because they think it makes them cooler than the next guy.
Incidentally, most of them incessantly rail against "the corporations" and bitch about how much CEOs get paid. This diseased fruitcake gets a free pass though since he is their dope man.
I think we think we are smarter because of..

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/08/24...

Apple's iOS unaffected by malware as Android exploits surge 76%

Since: Jul 11

Berlin, Germany

#14 Aug 25, 2011
Does this now mean that Apple computers are going to be run only with MS DOS? ;-)

Pity really, he practically saved Apple single handedly during the dark days when the company nearly got sunk by incompetent managers. But he's still going to be around for a while nudging the company in the right direction and making sure it stays the most innovative setup in the world.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#15 Aug 25, 2011
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we think we are smarter because of..
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/08/24...
Apple's iOS unaffected by malware as Android exploits surge 76%
You think you are smarter because of a propaganda article? You actually played into my stereotype perfectly.

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#16 Aug 25, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
You think you are smarter because of a propaganda article? You actually played into my stereotype perfectly.
LOL please provide evidence it's a propaganda article.:-)

“Got Koolaid?”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Aug 25, 2011
Nobility. That is exactly what that is.

“Two stones with one bird”

Since: Oct 09

The Compound

#18 Aug 25, 2011
-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL please provide evidence it's a propaganda article.:-)
It is posted in an Apple forum. I can't decide if Apples fans qualify as a cult or as addicted persons.

-Kevin-

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#19 Aug 25, 2011
Martyr Machine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is posted in an Apple forum. I can't decide if Apples fans qualify as a cult or as addicted persons.
That's an ad-hominem fallacy. The information didn't come from the site. The site just re-reported it.

“Malay Defence League”

Since: Dec 07

Tanah Melayu

#20 Aug 25, 2011
so long steve. .and goodbye. .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apple Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hackers claim 12m Apple IDs from FBI (Sep '12) 10 hr hacker here 11
News Parents Drag Apple To Court Over Dead 5-Year-Ol... Jan 4 Michael852 1
News Google Wants To Control Your Home (May '11) Dec 25 reviewrays 2
News Enphase Energy's Growing Presence Dec '16 Solarman 10
News Here's what 5 of your favorite products would c... Nov '16 Bill 1
News Apple now lets you restore deleted iPhone files (Aug '15) Nov '16 xtrassie 4
News Halton Region launches mobile app OneHalton Nov '16 North pays for South 1
More from around the web