Whenever I open Ansys workbench 14.0, I get this message:
Could not connect to local server: 24801@localhost
After Ansys loads up, theres no Analysis Systems in the Toolbox, only Component Systems.
I've looked up online for all sorts of solutions which include: running ansys with no internet, disabling firewall/antivirus, reinstalling, double checking the info in ansys licence manager are correct, and using lmtools.
Most problems I see coming up from googling are actually for "Could not connect to local server: 24800@localhost", where as mine is "24801@localhost". I've yet to see anyone posting a 24801 problem but me.
I installed Ansys 14.0 using the MAGNiTUDE 'method' and followed the instructions:
Make sure that you are not connected on internet.
1. Copy MAGNITUDE and paste in your desktop;
2. Make sure that there are NOT any other Ansys license in your computer. If there are, open windows on safe mode and delete them;
3. Open the DVD and install the license manager setupLM.exe as administrator. Finish the installation without the license file;
4. Open MAGNITUDE paste in your desktop and run the calculator;
5. Copy the license file to C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing;
6. Run license manager and choose Run the License Wizard;
7. Choose Run the ANSYS Licensing interconnect with FLEXlm (default);
8. Find the license file on C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing and click continue;
9. Click Continue over and over and finish the installation and restart your computer;
Again, make sure that you are not connected on internet.
10. Now mount m-a1464a.iso and run as administrator Setup.exe;
11. Choose with ansys products do you want to, and continue;
12. Skip the following options and click continue;
13. Mount the m-a1464b.iso when the software asks.
14. When the installation is over, restart your computer again.
Someone please assist me, I've spent the last 7 days trying to figure this out on my own and now I've given up and now resorting to forum help.