Ansys 14 Workbench Problem: Could not connect to local server: 24801@localhost
Posted in the ANSYS Forum
#1 Feb 9, 2013
Whenever I open Ansys workbench 14.0, I get this message:
Could not connect to local server: 24801@localhost
After Ansys loads up, theres no Analysis Systems in the Toolbox, only Component Systems.
I've looked up online for all sorts of solutions which include: running ansys with no internet, disabling firewall/antivirus, reinstalling, double checking the info in ansys licence manager are correct, and using lmtools.
Most problems I see coming up from googling are actually for "Could not connect to local server: 24800@localhost", where as mine is "24801@localhost". I've yet to see anyone posting a 24801 problem but me.
I installed Ansys 14.0 using the MAGNiTUDE 'method' and followed the instructions:
Make sure that you are not connected on internet.
1. Copy MAGNITUDE and paste in your desktop;
2. Make sure that there are NOT any other Ansys license in your computer. If there are, open windows on safe mode and delete them;
3. Open the DVD and install the license manager setupLM.exe as administrator. Finish the installation without the license file;
4. Open MAGNITUDE paste in your desktop and run the calculator;
5. Copy the license file to C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing;
6. Run license manager and choose Run the License Wizard;
7. Choose Run the ANSYS Licensing interconnect with FLEXlm (default);
8. Find the license file on C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing and click continue;
9. Click Continue over and over and finish the installation and restart your computer;
Again, make sure that you are not connected on internet.
10. Now mount m-a1464a.iso and run as administrator Setup.exe;
11. Choose with ansys products do you want to, and continue;
12. Skip the following options and click continue;
13. Mount the m-a1464b.iso when the software asks.
14. When the installation is over, restart your computer again.
Someone please assist me, I've spent the last 7 days trying to figure this out on my own and now I've given up and now resorting to forum help.
#2 Feb 13, 2013
I've installed this on both a
Vista 64bit Home Premium
Win7 64bit Home Premium
Would like some help please.
#3 Jun 11, 2013
are you using Synergy to share a mouse and keyboard? This uses 24800 and 24801. I found changing the server setup to use 28405 works fine. I haven't found any other application that uses this port. If it's not Synergy you need to find the program that is using WB's port and reassign it.
#4 Jul 26, 2013
AHobbs, thank you for the advice. It worked great in my case. It was exactly synergy that was messing up with these ports. Regards.
#5 Jul 31, 2013
How to increase memory or workspace in the ansysworkbench 14.5.please help me
#6 Feb 9, 2014
"I found changing the server setup to use 28405 works fine."
How do u do that ?
Add your comments below
|Tear strength and Shore hardness of a material ...||Jan 19||rjd1712||1|
|Ansys 12 crack on WinXp (Nov '09)||Jan 5||ddiablo||79|
|Help: ANSYS 13 x64 Workbench problem (Feb '11)||Dec '14||Aravind||32|
|Large negative pivot errors (Nov '10)||Dec '14||ads||3|
|How to model steel rebars and stirrups in a rei... (May '08)||Nov '14||Mahmoud abdal karim||2|
|Please guide me for coupled field analysis||Nov '14||viren parikh||1|
|Ansys Piezoelectric Harmonic Analysis (Feb '13)||Nov '14||john john||4|
Find what you want!
Search ANSYS Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC