Defining two materials for one solid

Defining two materials for one solid

Posted in the ANSYS Forum

Fabrizio

Wigan, UK

#1 Nov 24, 2007
Hi all,

this is probably a really easy question, but I have been encountering a lot of problems with it.

Basically I have an arbitrary volume, which has two different parts, which will have distinct materials. I need to define that there will be two different materials, and then export it to another program (LS-Dyna) and define these materials. My problem is, how can I define that there will be two different materials in ANSYS?

thanks a lot,
Fab.
jason

Hangzhou, China

#2 Nov 24, 2007
use type,mat,mp command (you can find help in help files in detail)
before you define the first material, input mat=1 to the commandline,then you can define the first material properity and set the model. when you've finished you can define the next one(material) like using mat=2 and so on.
(i'm a beginner 2,wishing i improving with all of u!
JASON)
sumit

Vadodara, India

#3 Nov 30, 2007
first define 1 and 2 material properties then during meshing u just change the attributes
ANSYS Guy

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#4 Dec 6, 2007
Fabrizio wrote:
Hi all,
this is probably a really easy question, but I have been encountering a lot of problems with it.
Basically I have an arbitrary volume, which has two different parts, which will have distinct materials. I need to define that there will be two different materials, and then export it to another program (LS-Dyna) and define these materials. My problem is, how can I define that there will be two different materials in ANSYS?
thanks a lot,
Fab.
You just have to change the material you are using when meshing. That simple. Mesh the first part using material 1, then mesh the second part using material 2.
Fabrizio

Wigan, UK

#5 Jan 8, 2008
hey,

thanks a lot for all the replies... this has solved my problem :)
Vishwa_chennai

Chennai, India

#6 Apr 21, 2015
Hey, i tried the above method but it shows with the latest material property used in the mesh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ANSYS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Visco solid element Dec '17 Mehdi Hamid 1
topology optimization code_ansys apdl (May '17) May '17 ju_ange 1
ansys apdl_derivatives (May '17) May '17 ju_ange 1
Ansys APDL- problem with spring (Feb '17) Feb '17 Anonymous 2
Structural Calculation (Jan '17) Jan '17 genry 1
ANSYS DesignModeler (Jan '17) Jan '17 VSt12 1
Contraction test on ansys (Dec '16) Dec '16 bert 1
More from around the web