Ansys analysis would not start from very beginning

Posted in the ANSYS Forum

Jim Morrison

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Mar 18, 2012
Help please! I had created an Ansys V12.1 model with 7 loadsteps that had been run once until non-convergence was reached. I had then modified the loadstep details and then run the model again with the Restart option so that it had continued from where it had stopped rather from the very beginning.

Since then, I had made more changes to the model, saved it under a different name and I now want it to run from the very beginning, but the model always runs from one of the middle loadsteps, say loadstep 4. I have checked all the loadstep files and there are no errors. It seems to always refer to an esav file and then continue the analysis based on the esav file. If I delete the esav, the analysis would not begin.

How do I force the model to run from the very beginning? What do I have to turn off? Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ANSYS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to model steel rebars and stirrups in a rei... (May '08) Thu Mahmoud abdal karim 2
Please guide me for coupled field analysis Nov 18 viren parikh 1
Ansys Piezoelectric Harmonic Analysis (Feb '13) Nov 17 john john 4
How to model contact surfaces in Ansys Nov 13 absadiq93 1
How to install ANSYS 13 (Dec '10) Nov 6 Tom 138
Modal analysis Nov 4 John 1
Nees Complete Stress-strain curve for Tensile T... Nov 2 sidd14 1

ANSYS People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE