TWU labor groups split on AMR contrac...

TWU labor groups split on AMR contract offers

There are 7 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from May 15, 2012, titled TWU labor groups split on AMR contract offers. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

AMR Corporation's biggest labor groups are split over the airline company's "last and best" contract offer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

Jen Smith

Lewisville, TX

#1 May 15, 2012
Shame on those TWU members that bailed out on their fellow union brothers and sisters!!!! This is indeed a sad day for those many employees that have sacrificed so much for the last 9 years only to cave in today because of fear and lack of self respect and morals. Trust me, those that voted yes on Americans last offer WILL regret this. You watch how fast American will bounce back after getting their outrageous demands and believe me, these 5 TWU groups that voted yes will be laughed at by not only the company but the other work groups of the airline. Big mistake!!!!!!! Have a nice time at work the next 8-10 yrs TWU because that's how long you will have to wait for any chance of anything better!!!!!!!

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#2 May 15, 2012
Did you vote? 40% of Fleet Service did not. I don't care how you voted, we all had our reasons for selecting the path we did. This is to the 40%. I don't one to hear one Fu#&ing word out of your mouth about what a raw deal you got. Your time to voice your opinion came and went. You didn't speak then, don't you dare say anything around me now.
Jen Smith

Euless, TX

#3 May 16, 2012
Prost wrote:
Did you vote? 40% of Fleet Service did not. I don't care how you voted, we all had our reasons for selecting the path we did. This is to the 40%. I don't one to hear one Fu#&ing word out of your mouth about what a raw deal you got. Your time to voice your opinion came and went. You didn't speak then, don't you dare say anything around me now.
Are you kidding me? Do you really think I sound like I wouldn't care enough to vote? Believe me I have done my share to spread as much information out there because many in the TWU just don't care enough or are too lazy to research everything that is being said and tried in bankruptcy court right now. I believe that if everyone actually had ALL the facts and not just what the union wants you to hear and know then people would have first been able to make a more educated decision AND they certainly would have cared more to vote-but you are right in saying those that didn't vote have NO right to complain about their crappy future ahead-they did it to themselves AND to their fellow coworkers!!!!
Tul Mgmt

Owasso, OK

#4 May 16, 2012
Sounds like a great opportunity, if the contract is abrogated, to rid the ranks of unproductive TWU slugs since seniority would not be considered in the upcoming RIF.

Santee CA

#5 May 16, 2012
Jen Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me? Do you really think I sound like I wouldn't care enough to vote? Believe me I have done my share to spread as much information out there because many in the TWU just don't care enough or are too lazy to research everything that is being said and tried in bankruptcy court right now. I believe that if everyone actually had ALL the facts and not just what the union wants you to hear and know then people would have first been able to make a more educated decision AND they certainly would have cared more to vote-but you are right in saying those that didn't vote have NO right to complain about their crappy future ahead-they did it to themselves AND to their fellow coworkers!!!!
This is a reply to you specifically. My statement was a general statement to all readers of this forum. I put the same thing on Facebook. Sorry is got mmisunderstood.... and thank you for voting and getting the word out there.

Santee CA

#6 May 16, 2012
Jen Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try that again... Sorry you misunderstood who that statement was directed too.. Rolling on my usual 4 hours sleep and haven't had my 8 cups of tea yet
Jen Smith

Euless, TX

#7 May 16, 2012
Prost wrote:
<quoted text>Let me try that again... Sorry you misunderstood who that statement was directed too.. Rolling on my usual 4 hours sleep and haven't had my 8 cups of tea yet
No problem-thank you for addressing that and again, I commend you on making the point that EVERY member should have voted and will have NO business complaining about ANYTHING in this insulting and ridiculous contract!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AMR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News American Air, union reach tentative pacts for U... (Jun '14) Jun '14 cableguy 1
News American Airlines' parent earns $289 million in... (Oct '13) May '14 MERS on AA omg 10
News Tom Horton will step down as American Airlines ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Toad 4
News Supreme Court Won't Hear AMR, U.S. Bank Make-Wh... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Clem CadidleHopper 1
News American Airlines posts $2 billion loss on charges (Jan '14) Jan '14 AA for life 2
News American Eagle To Change Name (Jan '14) Jan '14 jason 4
News Dan Garton joins board at Republic Airways (Dec '13) Dec '13 Executive Airlines 1
More from around the web