American Airlines Wants Pilots Contra...

American Airlines Wants Pilots Contract Tossed

There are 8 comments on the CBS Local story from Sep 4, 2012, titled American Airlines Wants Pilots Contract Tossed. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Representatives from American Airlines parent company AMR are heading back to bankruptcy court in New York City on Tuesday morning, hoping that a judge will throw out their contract with the Allied Pilots Association.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

mark goodwin

Brentwood, NY

#1 Sep 4, 2012
Sure they do. By far the worst employer/employee relation in the USA.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#2 Sep 4, 2012
American Airlines Pilots what the Exectives and Board of Directors Tossed.... Only time will tell. This war hs many battles.
JamesOnThePotoma c

Arlington, VA

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Anyone who books on A/A after this move is a fool. The ball is now in the pilots court. A slowdown is most likely and an "illegal strike" is very probable. The way I see it, for every day the pilots strike goes on, the price to USAIR goes down. I say six days worth of strike should drive the price down to the right price. I love it!
phatmoon

Delray Beach, FL

#4 Sep 4, 2012
This from an airline that has taken most blankets out of the first class cabins. Why? Blanket shortage. Really? Airline mistreats customers and employees alike. They should be embarressed. Sad sad sad.

Santee CA

#5 Sep 5, 2012
phatmoon wrote:
This from an airline that has taken most blankets out of the first class cabins. Why? Blanket shortage. Really? Airline mistreats customers and employees alike. They should be embarressed. Sad sad sad.
I couldn't agree more. I was shocked to hear we were supposed to supply 20% of FC seats with blankets. However there is a company social media policy I must abide by that strips me of my first amendment rights. That said, I assure you there were numerous surveys taken and input from flight crews that said only one in 5 of the folks in First actually use the blanket, therefore there is no need to provide more than what our customers desire. American is a company that puts the customer first, and although alot of employees lives will be destroyed, alot of sleep was lost making these choices. Better a few thousand sacrificial lambs than an entire comapny

Santee CA

#6 Sep 5, 2012
JamesOnThePotomac wrote:
Anyone who books on A/A after this move is a fool. The ball is now in the pilots court. A slowdown is most likely and an "illegal strike" is very probable. The way I see it, for every day the pilots strike goes on, the price to USAIR goes down. I say six days worth of strike should drive the price down to the right price. I love it!
A job action would be illegal. The pilots also got popped several years ago for "an illegal" sick out. That having been said, when I was a mechanic in the Air Force I was told if you look hard enough any airplane can be broken.. It's a new month there are plenty of pilot hours available, but there is a chance the mechanics will be busy tending to the concerns of a very dedicated, safety first pilot. Even the highest of AA execs would agree SAFETY is always the #1 priority.
Master

Singapore, Singapore

#7 Sep 5, 2012
The APA keeps getting beaten-up like a read-headed step-child. When is that last time the APA did not get beaten badly by AA Mgt?
When are the Pilots going to wake up and say, "why am I paying dues for this?"
One would think they would try something different!
What do they call someone who does the same stupid thing over and over expecting a different result each time?
Answer: a Pilot at AA who is part of the APA
AA Management

Everett, WA

#8 Sep 5, 2012
I for one hope they do go on strke.

I would prefer my bonus and golden parachute, so I may move on to bigger and better corporations.

For the airline employee...good riddens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

AMR Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rolls-Royce, American Airlines to dissolve Texa... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Prospective Passe... 1
News American Air, union reach tentative pacts for U... (Jun '14) Jun '14 cableguy 1
News American Airlines' parent earns $289 million in... (Oct '13) May '14 MERS on AA omg 10
News Tom Horton will step down as American Airlines ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Toad 4
News Supreme Court Won't Hear AMR, U.S. Bank Make-Wh... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Clem CadidleHopper 1
News American Airlines posts $2 billion loss on charges (Jan '14) Jan '14 AA for life 2
News American Eagle To Change Name (Jan '14) Jan '14 jason 4
More from around the web